The Centre for Responsible Business (Centre pour l’Entreprise Responsable) was founded in 2007 with the mission to create and disseminate knowledge on responsible business practices.
International researchers with specialisations in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, human resource management, finance, marketing and communication – to name a few examples- work in the Centre, individually and jointly to create new insights on how businesses can contribute to the creation of a sustainable society.
Dr Julia Roloff,
Head of the Centre for Responsible Business
Centre for Responsible Business
Rennes School of Business
2, rue Robert d’Arbrissel
Phone : +33 (0)2 99 33 48 30
- Dr Julia Roloff, Associate Professor & Head of the Centre for Responsible Business, Section Editor at the Journal of Business Ethics for the section Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Social Enterprise
- Dr Christos Alexakis, Associate Professor
- Dr José Arreola Hernandez, Assistant Professor
- Dr Jens Blumrodt, Assistant Professor & Programme Manager of the MSc. in Sports, Leisure and Tourism Management
- Dr Carole Bonanni, Associate Professor
- Dr Cyrlene Claasen, Assistant Professor
- Dr Irena Descubes, Assistant Professor & EMBA Programme Manager
- Dr Helmi Hammami, Assistant Professor
- Bernadett Koles, Assistant Professor
- Dr Renaud MacGilchrist, Associate Professor
- Dr Sarah Hudson, Associate Professor & Programme Manager Master in Management de Projets Creatifs: Culture Et Design
- Dr Phil Kitchen, Affiliated Professor & Editor of the Journal of Marketing Communications
- Don Minday, Senior Lecturer & Academic Area Coordinator, HRM & CSR
- Dr Agata Mirowska, Assistant Professor
- Asha Moore-Mangin, Senior Lecturer and Postgraduate Coordinator
- Dr Rohit Nishant, Associate Professor
- Dr Petya Puncheva, Assistant Professor & Programme Manager Master of Science in Sustainable Management and Eco Innovation
- Dr Hasan Rajibul, Assistant Professor
- Dr Dieter Vanwalleghem, Assistant Professor
- Clément Longondjo
- Orlando Contreras-Pacheco
- Thierry Bossée-Pilon, Senior Lecturer
- Monica Macquet
Members of the Research Centre for Responsible Business engage in research on topics in four domains:
- Corporate social responsibility research: This research domain reflects the core concepts, theories and practices of responsible business. In this context the why and how as well as the effects of societal responsibility is studied.
- Organisational behaviour research: Research has demonstrated that the study and understanding of how to embed CSR into routine organisational practices is key to successful creation, implementation and maintenance of ethical climates and cultures in organisations.
- Network and partnership research: Business and society faces a number of complex environmental and social problems—sometimes called wicked problems—which can only be tackled through collaboration. We study the different forms and processes of these collaborations as well as their performance in addressing wicked problems successfully.
- Marketing and communications research: Sustainable consumption results from a complex interplay between consumers and business. We research what makes consumers change consumptions patterns towards more socially and environmentally sound products and services. Further, we study how companies enable this change process with innovative products, services and business models.
Partners and collaborators of current and past projects
- Bertelsmann Stiftung
- Le Cercle d’Éthique des Affaires
- Diana Naturalis
- European Business Ethics Network (EBEN)
- Sustainability Centres Community
- March 2016: Interactive Conference on the topic « La RSE* a-t-elle du sens ? » in March 2016 with Jacques BREGEON, Délégué Général de l’Association CHEDD Bretagne, Soïg LE BRUCHEC, Directeur Général en charge du pôle Commercial Neo-Soft, Marc LE MERCIER, Directeur de LIGER, Lucas LE PROVOST, Responsable RSE de Triballat/Sojasun and Julia ROLOFF, Responsable du Centre de Recherche pour l’Entreprise Responsable
- October 2015: Presentation and workshop with the Head of EDF’s Sustainability Department, Pierre Mazeau.
- November 2014: Eco-innovation Student Project with Technicolor in which 20 MSc students enrolled in MK512 International Marketing (supervised by Dr. Puncheva) are working on an applied international marketing project of eco-innovation with Technicolor.
- March 2014: Presentation by Thomas Ruaudel, Senior Management Sustainability of Accenture Paris, on the role of corporate financial officers (CFOs) in making strategic decisions on sustainability.
- February 2014: Presentation of the Responsible Investment Initiative and Shareholder Engagement by Valeria Piani, Head of Investor Engagements at the PRI.
- January 2014: Speech by Julia Roloff on the topic Stakeholder Management and the Sustainable Society.
- October 2013: Julia Roloff is nominated as the Head of the Centre for Responsible Business.
- October 2013: “Atelier de la Performance” : presentation on Environmental Norms in Business animated by Cyrlene Claasen, Peyta Puncheva and Isabelle Frigout, Director of Quality and Development at Celtys.
- 2012-today: Project studying Stakeholder Networks in Africa.
- 2011-2013: CANON Chair is hosted by Centre for Responsible Business.
- 2011-2013: Collaboration with the Institute for Business Ethics St. Gallen, the Bertelsmann Stiftung and seven other European business schools on the project Sector-specific CR in Europe.
- November 2012: Applied international marketing competition in collaboration with Techincolor.
Presentation by Henri-Claude de Bettignies on “Responsabilité et développement : le cas de la Chine” in November 2011.
- 2011: Introduction of the modules Sustainable Development and Business Ethics in the International Bachelor Programme in Management (IBPM).
- 2008-2010: Action Research Project in the food industry.
- 2010: Introduction of the executive MBA programme on Sustainable Performances.
- 2010: Introduction of compulsory modules in CSR for all PGE3 and Masters students.
- On November 29, 2010: ESC Rennes School of Business co-organized and hosted a Conference for the launch of the ISO 26000 standard in France, in cooperation with AFNOR (the French standardization agency) and the Ecole des Métiers de l’Environnement. About 300 participants attended this important event.
- On January 7-8, 2010: the Centre for Responsible Business organized an International Symposium on Social Responsibility, Entrepreneurship and the Common Good in cooperation with EBEN and the European SPES Forum. More than 50 researchers originating from 20 countries participated and the best conference contributions were published as a book.
- Since 2010: ESC Rennes is a member of United Nations Global Compact.
- 2009: Introduction of a module on business and the environment as an elective in the Programme Grande Ecole/Master in Management.
- On May 20, 2009: the Centre for Responsible Business co-organized a Conference on Biodiversity and CSR in partnership with various local actors. About 100 persons from different professional backgrounds attended. A new tool designed to involve companies of all kinds in the preservation of biodiversity – the FIPAN – is launched on this occasion.
- 2008-2009: Regular meetings of Le Club des Entreprises Responsables are organised jointly by Loïc Evain of the Chambers of Commerce Rennes and by Sarah Hudson representing the Centre for Responsible Business of ESC Rennes School of Business. An open exchange of ideas, insights and experiences abound responsible business practices is fostered during these meetings of representatives from local businesses, non-governmental organisations and academics.
– On April 1, 2008: the results are presented under the title Développement Durable et Entreprises Bretonnes at a session 50 participants from business and academic institutions.
- 2007-2008: Survey on CSR in Breton Companies is conducted by Sarah Hudson (ESC Rennes) and Michèle Pracht (Doriès) ‘Développement Durable et Entreprises Bretonnes’ in collaboration with ABEA (Association Bretonne de Entreprises Agroalimentaires) and INSFA Agrocampus.
- Since 2008: ESC Rennes School of Business is an institutional member of the French section of the European Business Ethics Network.
- On October 11, 2007: the first official meeting of the Centre for Responsible Business takes place. It is the first time that a research centre opens at ESC Rennes School of Business.
- Starting in April 2007: a group of nine faculty members proposes a Centre for Responsible Business.