Global Doctorate in Business Administration
Global DBA is a three year applied research based executive doctoral programme. It offers participants the opportunity to obtain the highest-level postgraduate qualifications in business and management field without interrupting their careers.
The Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) aims to offer a doctoral business degree training to business leaders and enables them to succeed in accomplishing a high standard applied research work on an avant-gardist topic relevant and critical to the future success of their businesses or the business world.
This doctoral business degree offers a rigorous blended learning and research plan to the global executives. It comprises of nine research seminars along with the DBA directed readings through a combination of online tuition and face-to-face teaching, enabling students to successfully defend their thesis in 3-year time.
The offered modules also indicate towards a wide variety of research interests our academics are specialised in including AI-driven business, Agri business, organisational complexity, strategy, marketing and E-commerce, finance, and the G3D Logistics (Green, Digital and Demand Driven).
In 2020, Analytics India Magazine ranks our DBA programme in first place among the Top Global Doctoral Programs.
A programme to turn your firm into innovative and sustainable future business.
Global DBA programme of Rennes School of Business is a 3-year professional doctorate jointly offered with elite academic institutes of international reputation.
This programme offers a powerful dual-perspective to business professionals and top executives as it equips them with a practical grounding in business and research education and its applications to turn their companies into innovative, efficient, responsible and sustainable future businesses.
- Master’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years working experience
- Candidates with less than five years experiences can be considered on case by case basis
- English proficiency demonstrated by TOEFL (>/=90 IBT) or IELTS (7 overall score), or equivalent proficiency in Cambridge, Pearson test of English. Native speakers are exonerated from this condition.
- Next Intake: Spring 2021
- Academic Modules: March 2021 – Feb 2022
- Thesis writing and defense : Until Feb 2024
- To be determined with the partner institute(s)
- 100 euros
Mission, Teaching & Learning
The Global Doctorate in Business Administration (Global DBA) aims to offer a doctoral business degree training to business leaders and enables them to succeed in accomplishing a high standard applied research work on an avant-gardist topic relevant and critical to the future success of their businesses or the business world.
Teaching & Learning Goals
This doctoral business degree offers a rigorous blended learning and research plan to the global executives. It comprises of nine research seminars along with the DBA directed readings through a combination of online tuition and face-to-face teaching, enabling students to successfully defend their thesis in 3-year time aiming to achieve the following :
- Demonstrate advanced current knowledge in one’s field of business study
- Acquire methodological and analytic research skills and ability to conduct an empirical piece of research in management
- Show ability to develop an original piece of research demonstrating integration of current knowledge, scientific rigor and production of an original contribution to knowledge
- Be guided by the highest levels of ethics in the conduct of one’s research
This programme is a 200 ECTs with 9 teaching modules entailing 216 teaching hours.
Year 1 — Academic Path
- Module 1: Research Methodology and Process (Online tuition)
- Module 2: Qualitative and Mixed Research Methods
- Module 3: Quantitative Research Methods
- Module 4: Organisational Behaviour
- Module 5: Strategy
- Module 6: Paper Development Workshop
- Module 7: Empirical Development Workshop
- Module 8: Thesis Development Workshop
- Module 9: Specialised Research tracks*
* Tracks offered under this Module may particularly focus on partner institute’s country specific business issues and challenges that relate to different sectors, industries, or companies and are at the centre stage of applied research.
Year 2 & 3 — Research Path
- Comprehensive literature review
- Research proposal defense
- Thesis defense
- INSOFE (datascience DBA)
- FGV Brazil (general track)
Global DBA programme from our alumni lens
Dr. Emerson Luis Galina, Global Chief Operating Officer Benteler Group, DBA Cohort 2
“DBA was the opportunity to reach the upper academic level and connect it to my vast professional experience. This would help me to enhance my academic background and definitively support my professional career development. Now I feel prepared for the challenges ahead and to navigate my company through these turbulent economic moments and industrial transformation.”
Dr. Rodrigo NAVARRO, Senior Consultant, DBA Cohort 2
“I chose the DBA programme to deepen my knowledge on specific topics like research, and to capture synergies derived from the interaction with top academy members and different scholars, aiming for insights to be used in my professional activities. Rennes SB DBA programme’s flexibility, academic rigor and quality is certainly unique.”