Validation of Prior Experience: obtain recognition of your professional background via a diploma
The Validation of Prior Experience (VAE) is a process which enable you to obtain recognition of your professional background via a diploma.
The scheme offers the opportunity of a total or partial certification (diploma, title for professional purposes or professional qualification certificate) based upon prior salaried, non-salaried or volunteer work. This prior experience, in line with the certification sought after, is approved by an adjudication panel.
Advantages of the scheme:
- Converts experience and skills into a diploma
- Showcases, professionalises and qualifies prior experience
- Promotes internal mobility, promotion and conversion
- Motivates and offers prospects
- Streamlines training, reduces periods of absence and costsFor companies: improves employee retention and optimises skill management
6 steps structure
- Interview: request analysis
- Application: overview of professional and extra-professional background, educational
background and presentation of project
- Admissions panel: analysis of application feasibility, verification of admissions criteria
- Guidance from Rennes School of Business on setting-up of VAE dossier: methodological and pedagogical assistance. The applicant must prepare a dossier detailing their skills. An adviserfrom Rennes School of Business will assist them in gathering examples and proof of their
skills and in preparing for the panel interview
- Final panel: appearance before panel, during which the applicant must be able to
demonstrate the relevance of their experience with the diploma in question
- Decision – partial or total approval
Company training plan – Individual training leave – Possible regional financial aid – Individual financing The following diploma and training title are eligible for the Validation of Prior Experience scheme in executive education programs at Rennes School of Business :
Who can apply
Open to all profiles, regardless of age, nationality, status or level of education, provided they have at least 3 years of prior salaried, non-salaried or volunteer work in line with the diploma in question.
The IBPM is designed for in-the-field and line managers whose experience must meet the following criteria:
- A command of operational management tools and the required managerial skills, in order tocreate value for the company in a sustainable, effective and efficient way: organisation,management; analysis and recommendation
- The ability to communicate and negotiate, act as a relay for the company when in the fieldand display the ability to manage human and cultural diversity
- An ability to handle the managerial stakes of sustainable and responsible development3 available specialisations: Sales & Marketing – Purchasing % Supply Chain – Finance & Banking.
Length of the VAE process
9 months-1 year
- Entry level
- According to level of experience, application file and preliminary application study
For further information:
Isabelle Jouet – Business Advisor
The IBPM Validation of Prior Experience – a new challenge for Guillaume Alzingre
Guillaume Alzingre is more than familiar with challenges, judging by his six individual world champion titles and eight team titles, three European champion titles and eight national titles. This top-level sportsman chose to bring his sporting career to an end and resume studying in order to secure for himself “a stable professional future”.To achieve this, Guillaume Alzingre joined the Rennes School of Business IBPM – International Bachelor in Management at the beginning of the 2016/17 academic year via the Validation of Prior Experience scheme. This training programme, completion of which delivers a high-level diploma, represents the latest challenge for the 32-year-old champion.
Thomas Waendendries, Business developer, AMA SA
I wanted to get involved in the IBPM – International Bachelor in Management via the Validation of Prior Experience scheme so that I could deal with the demands of an employment market where having a diploma with a professional tie-in is essential. My professional background is a varied one, covering the areas of watches and jewellery, health, arts and crafts, and computerised de-materialisation. The various positions that I held always had a link with the international market and sustainable development where the ability to adapt was key. Project and team management and commercial development featured among my responsibilities. When I began the Validation of Prior Experience scheme I was working as Head of Sales France for a national-level software firm. The know-how I already possessed was really brought out into the open and made clearer via the personal work and the exchanges that I had with the Rennes School of Business advisor during the preparation of my dissertation.Just recently graduated thanks to the Validation of Prior Experience scheme, I now hold the position of Business Developer on an international level for the firm AMA SA, which involves being in charge of mobile video-conferencing solutions and “XpertEye” connected spectacles designed for teleassistance and tele-medicine.
Jean-Charles Gourio – Fresh Produce Sales Agency Manager
I have been working freelance for 16 years in the agri-food business. I chose to undertake the Rennes School of Business IBPM Bachelor in International Management via the Validation of Prior Experience scheme in order to gain greater recognition of the quality of my work, my professional skills and increase my chances of progressing. Over the 9-month period of the VAE scheme I had to combine my professional activity with the preparation of my dissertation. The main strength of the project is that it gives you a genuine chance to take full stock of your working values and prospects. The Rennes School of Business advisor helps you highlight certain factors that you might otherwise overlook within your daily working life.The direction that the VAE scheme took me in was very enriching on the teaching side and also quite unusual for someone with a freelance status, enabling me to gain a genuine overview of my professional background and give me food for thought regarding the next stages of my career. Graduating with this diploma has opened the door to the possibility of taking a Master’s, giving me the chance to evolve professionally by altering the structural organisation of my sales agency, as well as aiming for a head of sales position in the next two years.
To find out the date of the next information meeting regarding the Validation of Prior Experience, please do not hesitate to contact Isabelle Jouet – Business Advisor: Display email@example.com