Multiple Full-time Permanent Positions in Finance, Marketing, OB/OT, Strategy, Supply Chain Management and Information System
About the positions
Due to its strong growth, Rennes School of Business (Rennes SB) has multiple permanent faculty positions open at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor level in the areas of Finance, Accounting and International Business, Marketing, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Theory, Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain Management and Information System.
Start date is Sept 2021. More senior candidates – with a minimum of experience of several years in research and teaching after their PhD – are particularly encouraged to apply. Appointments will be made at the rank consistent with research and teaching records.
Our focus is on producing high-quality research that is impactful both for the academic and the practitioner communities. Although all quality research is encouraged and welcome, our research is mainly organized around four main Areas of Excellence hosted in our Research.Lab and for which the positions are open :
1. The Agribusiness Area of Excellence focuses on agribusiness, sustainable development, and CSR in order to contribute to a local and international food system sustainable development. (Ref: AG20)
2. The AI-driven Business Area of Excellence focuses on intelligence, data-driven global business, aiming to understand the advantages of AI applied to business and how firms can transform to implement these new techniques. (Ref: AI20)
3. The Green, Digital & Demand-Driven Supply Chain Management (G3D) Area of Excellence focuses on supply chain, operations management and information technology dealing with green and digital supply chain management, business value of information technology, and matching supply with demand. (Ref: G3D20)
4. The mïnd Area of Excellence focuses on the mind-challenging activities required to effectively cope with complexity and generate innovation and creativity in an entrepreneurial setting (Ref: MD20)
The School offers very generous and innovative research incentives for people successfully engaging in research activities. Our salaries are competitive and will be commensurate with prior performance and experience. Our incentives – including generous publication bonuses – are highly competitive. We also provide assistance in relocation and housing search, French language courses, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, and a complementary pension scheme.
About the candidates
We are looking for motivated, dynamic, high-potential candidates with the following characteristics:
- Doctoral degree in a business-related field from an internationally recognized institution (e.g., EQUIS, AMBA, AACSB). High-potential candidates who are close to completion will also be considered;
- Publication record (or high publication potential) in high quality international peer-reviewed research journals in management
- Willingness to contribute to the development and growth of the School
- Ability to deliver quality classes in English in the discipline one is hired for. Prior knowledge of French is not required
- Proactive and collegial attitude toward her/his colleagues, academic department, and the School as a whole
- Willingness to reach out to local, national, and international business community to disseminate one’s research and provide expertise
About Rennes School of Business
Rennes SB is a fast-growing institution providing undergraduate and graduate education to more than 4,500 students from all over the world. A triple accredited institution (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA), Rennes SB is the most international business school in France and one of the most multicultural of its kind, with 100 faculty members who are 95% international (i.e., non-French) and come from 40 different countries. Our student body consists of 53% international students coming from more than 70 countries, making it the perfect job environment for international faculty.
Our Program Portfolio includes a full range of international programs: PhD, DBA, EMBA, specialized Masters, Programme Grande Ecole (PGE) and Bachelor’s degree. English is the main working and teaching language at the School, as the vast majority of programs are taught entirely in English.
Rennes SB is located in Western France, one hour and 25 minutes from the center of Paris by train, and less than one hour from the coast. The capital of Brittany, Rennes has a strong economy and is recognized for its outstanding quality of life and cultural environment with a wide range of private and public amenities including excellent primary and secondary schools. Rennes is also home to a very strong technology cluster and active entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The deadline for submission of the full application package is September 15. Screening of applications will start shortly thereafter and will continue until the positions are filled. The application package consists of a cover letter, curriculum vitae (with the names and contact information of at least three referees), research statement, teaching statement, representative publications and/or working papers (maximum three), teaching evaluations, and any record of service to the research, academic, and business communities. Please merge all the information in a single .pdf document bearing the candidate’s last name the code indicated above (i.e. AG20, AI20, G3D20, or MD20, respectively), and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The three recommendation letters should be sent directly by the referees to the same email address.
For any question, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.