Over the past decades, increasing agricultural knowledge and numerous innovation systems in the agribusiness have ensured that the international food system provides adequate supplies of food for an always growing population. Beyond this central role played by the sector in food security, agribusiness has also contributed to the global economic development and the worldwide poverty alleviation by being and remaining one of the main industrial sectors.
However, and as a result of the increasing awareness of environmental threats and of food safety combined with the agribusiness digitalisation from production to processing and to retail, all the processes and infrastructures involved in the globalised food system witness rapid transformations and new constraints raising simultaneously new challenges and opportunities.
Dr Guillaume BAGNAROSA, Director of Agribusiness
The Agribusiness research center is hiring a PostDoc researcher:
Post-Doctoral research position (12 months) in Agri-Food/Consumer Experience
Sustainable & Responsible Agribusiness
Q: How can we help agribusinesses to reduce their emissions and diversify their sources of revenues in a sustainable manner?
Agri-Food & Consumer Behavior
Q: How can we develop food services/experiences and cultural aspects of food?
Q: What are the impacts of government decisions on the agribusinesses?
Agricultural Engineering & Risk Management
Q: How should Agribusiness companies measure and mitigate their exposure to production and price risks (climate risk, price and profit margin uncertainty,…)?
Innovating in Agribusiness
Q: How can we improve the innovation process among local and national Agribusiness companies?
Current work (3 axes – academic/pedagogic/Corporate)
Risk Management in Agribusiness:
Risk modelling in agribusinesses. Two risk dimensions studied: the commodities markets prices fluctuations and the climate risk. Their potential impact on the supply chain and the agribusiness companies performances will be estimated and the hedging strategies for reducing it considered.
Certificate on Risk Management in Agri-business jointly with the ABEA (Breton Agri-food Business Association), the INRAe and the Agro-Institute (Agro-Institute + Montpellier SupAgro)
Three CIFRE contracts with Avril group, Saipol and Eureden.
Food consumption research, ie. Social and cultural aspects of consumption (food trends, food and retailing behaviours) and contexts such as tourism), psychological issues (attitudes, decision making…) and digital influences on food consumption (food apps, foodporn…).
Joint certificate on the Management of the Food Transition with ESA and Valorial.
Funding from Brittany region for a consumer behavior research project jointly with members of the innovation cluster Valorial.
Investigate ‘agricultural externalities’, that is, agriculture’s positive and negative externalities from and geared towards organizations, (cooperatives and businesses or societal organizations such governmental agencies), humans (peasants or consumers), and non-humans such as land or animals.
Jointly organised with the CREM, Rennes 1 and the CNRS a workshop on Food Experimental Economics in May 2021
Collaboration with the Bretton environmental observatory on the optimisation of biofuel supply chain in Brittany.
Some recent publications
- Thomas Conlon, John Cotter, Emmanuel Eyiah-Donkor (2022). “The illusion of oil return predictability: The choice of data matters!”, Journal of Banking & Finance, Volume 134, 2022, 106331
- Youenn Lohéac. (2020). “Hunger and intertemporal decisions: Experimental literature and empirical illustration”, Revue Economique, 71 (1), pp.195-207
- Guillaume Bagnarosa, Mark Cummins, Michael Dowling, Fearghal Kearney (2022) Commodity risk in European dairy firms, European Review of Agricultural Economics, Volume 49, Issue 1, January 2022, Pages 151–181
- AGI, Maher AN et SONI, Hardik N. Joint pricing and inventory decisions for perishable products with age-, stock-, and price-dependent demand rate. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 2020, vol. 71, no 1, p. 85-99
- Palacios-Arguello, L., Gondran, N., Nouira, I., Girard, M.-A., Gonzalez-Feliu, J. (2020) “Which is the relationship between the product’s environmental criteria and the product demand? Evidence from the French food sector”. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 244, 20 January 2020, 118588
- Jiabao Lin, Lei Li, Robert Luo, and Jose Benitez. 2020. “How do agribusinesses thrive through complexity? The pivotal role of e-commerce capability and business agility.” Decision Support Systems, 135(1), pp. 1-13.
- Moore-Mangin, A. and Sarah Hudson. (2021). “How can agriculture attract, retain and protect Migrant workers during a World Health Crisis”. The Case Center 421-0090-1 , 7.
Dr. Cele Otnes – Professor Emeritus of Business Administration – Gies College of Business – University of Illinois – USA
Dr. Jean Cordier : Professor Emeritus in Economics and Management – Institut Agro
Dr. Mark Cummins – Professor of Finance – DCU Business School – Deputy Director of the Irish Institute of Digital Business
Dr. Romain Espinosa – CNRS Research fellow – Centre international de recherche sur l’environnement et le développement – CIRED
- Guillaume Bagnarosa has been invited by the French Senate, Economic Affairs Commission about Climate risk in Agribusiness and Crop insurances (01/2020)
- Research Seminar (11/2019): Joelle Miffre (Audencia)
- Conference in Paris (11/2019) : « Que cache notre incapacité collective à répondre à l’urgence écologique ? » Laurent Alexandre, docteur, essayiste et entrepreneur, et Jean Jouzel, climatologue, glaciologue et ancien vice-président du groupe scientifique du GIEC.
- Thomas Flichy de La Neuville (10/2019) Ouest France, Lorsque la défense de l’environnement cache des conflits d’intérêts
- Joint research team with the INRAe and the Agrocampus Ouest
- Research Seminar (10/2019): Pr Cele Otnes (Illinois University)
- Sheila Matson (09/2019) Ouest France: « Dis-moi ce que tu manges et je te dirai qui tu es ! »
- Guillaume Bagnarosa: Ouest-France Communication (09/2019): Agriculture – Savoir se protéger des risques climatiques
- L’ordre national du Mérite pour la patronne du Space (Rennes SB Alumni – 06/2019)
- Research Seminar (09/2019): Adrienne Gentil (Valorial)
- Research Seminar (09/2019): Dr. María Jesús Muñoz-Torres (Jaume I University)
- Corporate meeting: Diana Food (06/2019). Sofia VERISSIMO – Global HR Director, Nathalie MONTAIGNE – R&D Platform leader,
- Caroline AVIER – Global Communications Manager, Annaïg THOMAS – Regulatory Affairs Manager EMEA, Nuria MACIAS – Global Sustainability Manager.
- Ricardo Azambuja (le monde : 02/2019): « La permaculture tire le meilleur parti des interactions naturelles entre les êtres vivants »
- Marché Délice (Rennes SB Alumni – 02/2019) – Talk about alternative consumption. MarcheDélice.com
- Conference (12/2018): “2030, Omnivorous mankind”
- Conference: Terre 2018 et Terre 2017. The agriculture and agrofood colloquium organised by Ouest France
- Ricardo Azambuja (08/2018): La permaculture n’est pas un mouvement agricole neutre. Ouest-France Communication.
- Conférence : Réseau Produit en Bretagne : Prevention of crisis situations, (03/2018).
- Guillaume Bagnarosa (02/2018). Interview for Alternative Économique : La finance peine à se décarboner
- Guillaume Bagnarosa (09/2017). Interview on TVR
For more information, please contact: Dr Guillaume Bagnarosaguillaume.email@example.com