Green, Digital & Demand-Driven Supply Chain Management (G3D)
Dr. Ramzi HAMMAMI, Director for Green, Digital & Demand-Driven Supply Chain Management (G3D)
The Green, Digital & Demand-Driven Supply Chain Management (G3D) Area of Excellence is a multidisciplinary research group in the field of supply chain and operations management. It is articulated around 4 main research sub-areas:
Green Supply Chain Management
Our research aims to revisit the operations management problems with the consideration of environmental aspects (environmental regulations, customers’ environmental awareness, social welfare, etc.). In particular, we focus on the following problems:
- For companies, how to rethink the supply chain and product decisions while trading-off environmental considerations and economic performance?
- For regulators, how to design an efficient environmental regulation to improve the social welfare?
Digital Supply Chain Management
The emergence of new picking technologies (e.g., IoT / Internet of Things), transfer technologies (blockchain) and big data analytics is a big opportunity for companies to improve their processes of data transactions, demand forecasting, and planning. However, the adoption of these technologies represents several challenges.
- How to adapt traditional planning methods to make better use of new technologies (sensors, IoT, blockchain)?
- What is the impact of new technologies on the design and management of supply chains (production, warehousing, transportation)?
- How to use big data and business analytics to improve supply chain and business performance?
Business value of Information Technology
Our research examines how IT investments affect economic activities. This study of the impact of IT investigates the following problems:
- How does IT infrastructure affect strategic management (mergers and acquisitions, business flexibility, innovation, environmental strategy, and corporate entrepreneurship) to increase firm performance?
- How does Internet technology enable the firm to develop operational capabilities to increase operational performance?
- How do firms learn to develop social media capabilities to innovate, and improving customer experience and performance?
Matching supply with demand
An efficient management of supply chains requires a deep understanding of market and demand structure and a fine modeling of the relationship between supply chain decisions and customer demand. Our research examines the following problems:
- How to integrate demand and revenue management with supply chain decisions?
- How to rethink supply chain design and management decisions with the consideration of endogenous demand?
Research publications G3D
Event 2019 – 2021
- October 22nd, 2021, Research Seminar, Speaker Dr. Reza FARAMARZI OGHANI: Title: Publications in top journal
- September 27th, 2021 G3D Meeting: Summary of the results of the area in the period 2018 – 2021. Presentation of the new area members. Reorganization of the subareas.
- May 18th, 2021 G3D Meeting: Discussion of the auto-evaluation of the area.
- April 12th, 2021 PhD Workshop Session: PhD. Laura Ruiz, Narjes Kandil and Sobhan Razm.
- February 15th, 2021, Research Seminar, Speaker Dr. Khouja (affiliate professor) Title: Nonlinear Pricing for Yield Management and Countering Strategic Consumer Behavior
- January 26th, 2021 G3D Meeting: Summary of the results of the area in the period 2018 – 2021. Discussion of the objectives of the area for the period 2021-2023 (up to next EQUIS accreditation). Presentation of the selected projects in the academic year 2020 – 2021.
- October 1st, 2020 G3D Meeting: Introduction of the new area member Dr. Khouja. Projection for the academic year 2020 – 2021.
- April 2020, Seminar in UAE. G3D board academic visit universities in UAE to promote research and academic cooperation, mutual understanding, and friendly relationships.
- February 6th, 2020, Projects Workshop. Presentation of the objectives and main results of the ongoing research projects supported by the area.
- January 16th, 2020 Research Seminar, Invited Speaker Dr. Sohrab Faramarizi Oghani. Title: Clinical laboratory optimization.
- December 11th, 2019 Research Workshop, Invited Speaker Dr. Tang (Editor for the International Journal of Production Economics).
- November 7th, 2019 G3D Meeting: Summarize the results of the academic year 2018-2019. Budget allocation for the academic year 2019-2020.
- October 16th, 2019 Editors Panel, Invited Speakers Dr. Marsden (Editor in Chief of Decision and Support Systems) and Dr. Chau (Editor in Chief of Information and Management).
- September 11th, 2019 G3D Meeting: Present to the new faculty professors the structure of the area of excellence and the collaboration possibilities.
- June 20th, 2019 MatLab Seminar: Presentation of the software by MatLab engineers.
- June 18th, 2019 Research Workshop, Invited Speakers Dr. Boyaci (Senior Editor for POM) and Dr. Battaia (Associate editor for IISE Transactions, Omega, JMR and IJMS).
- May 3rd, 2019 Research Seminar, Invited Speaker Dr. Fabien Lehuédé (IMT Atlantique, LS2N) Title: Optimization of a collaborative distribution network in the retail industry.
- March 31st, 2019 Research Seminar, speaker Dr. Ashish Kumar JHA: Title: A Market Value Analysis of Buyer-Supplier Relationship Building Awards.
- March 8th, 2019 Research Seminar, Invited Speaker Amina Chelly: Title: Green Supply Chain Management.
- February 28th, 2019 Research Seminar, Speaker Dr. Ramzi Hammami: Title: Price- and Time-based Product Differentiation in a Hybrid MTO/MTS System with Stockout-triggered Customer Switching.