- Information Technology management
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Data management
- Business analytics
- Data Visualization
- Business Dynamics
- PhD. Management Information Systems, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (2016)
- Bachelor of Technology (Electronics and Communication Engineering), Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi, India (2007-2011)
- Assistant Professor, Supply Chain Management & Information Systems Academic Area, Rennes School of Business(May 2017 – Present)
- Assistant Professor, SP Jain Institute of Management & Research (August, 2016 – January, 2017), Mumbai, India.
- Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (June, 2011 – April, 2016), Kolkata, India.
- Scientist R&D, Tata Research Development and Design Center (June, 2014 – May, 2015), Pune, India.
Service to the Profession
- Reviewer – Article / Manuscript
- 2015: International Journal of Production Economics.
- 2015: Information and Management.
Member: Committee/Task Force
- 2017: Information Systems Development Conference (AIS).
Reviewer: Conference Paper
- 2017: America Conference on Information Systems.
- 2017: Academy of Management Annual Meeting.
- 2015: America Conference on Information Systems.
- 2015: EURAM.
- 2015: Academy of Management Annual Meeting.
- 2015: European Conference on Information Systems.
- 2016: Satish K Sehgal Doctoral Student Award for excellence in scholarship and Organizational citizenship, Indian Institute of management Calcutta.
- 2010: Dr. J K Pal Award for Exemplary Branch Leadership, IEEE India.
- 2011: IIM Calcutta Fellowship, Indian Institute of management Calcutta.
Basic or Discovery Scholarship
- Puvvala, Abhinay , Veerendra K Rai, and Ashish Kumar Jha, “A Systemic and Relational Approach to Pricing Services.” INFORMS Service Science 8. (2016): 37-58.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “Innovation in IT firms: An Investigation of Intramural and Extramural R&D Activities and Their Impact.” Information & Management 53. (2016): 409-421.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “Innovation Research in Information Systems: A Commentary on Contemporary Trends and Issues.” Information & Management 53. (2016): 297-306.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar , Indranil Bose, and Eric Ngai, “Platform based innovation: The case of Bosch India.” International Journal of Production Economics 171. (2016): 250-265.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “A Framework for Addressing Data Privacy Issues in E-Governance Projects.” Journal of Information Privacy and Security 9. (2013): 18-33.
Basic or Discovery Scholarship
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Snehal Shah, “Influencing The Influencers: Impact Of Past Reviews On Online Product Review Sentiments.” (in press) 39th ISMS Marketing Science Conference (2017):
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “Empirical Analysis of Cooperation Decisions on Technological Innovation.” Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting (2015):
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “An Investigation into the Impact of Partnerships on Product and Process Innovation in IT firms.” IFIP WG 8.2 OASIS Workshop (2015):
- Verma, Nishant Kumar , Ashish Kumar Jha, and Indranil Bose, “Supply Awards as Market Signal Mechanisms?: An Event Study Based Investigation into the Efficacy of Supplier Awards.” Pan IIM World Management Conference (2015):
- Verma, Nishant Kumar , Ashish Kumar Jha, and Indranil Bose, “Giving the Right Signals : Empirical Investigation of the Efficacy of Supplier Awards as Market Signal Mechanism.” International Conference of Society of Operations Management (2015):
- Rai, Veerendra , Ashish Kumar Jha, and Abhinay Puvvala, “IT Service Management: A Typological Classification of Policies for Governance.” IEEE Conference on Business Informatics (2015):
- Jha, Ashish Kumar , Abhinay Puvvala, and Veerendra Rai, “Inefficiencies in IT Production Support Operations: Detection and Impact Analysis.” European Conference on Information Systems (2015):
- Jha, Ashish Kumar , Abhinay Puvvala, Sanjit Mehta, Veerendra Rai, & Harrick M Vin, “An Agent Based Approach for Effort Estimation of Production Support Planning System.” Australasian Conference on Information Systems (2014):
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Rahul Roy, “Self-Professed Doom: A System Dynamic Investigation in Indian Auto Industry Slowdown.” Asia pacific System Dynamic Conference (2014):
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “Evolution of Offshore IT subsidiaries: A case study on Microsoft IT India.” 2nd Pan IIM World Management Conference (2014):
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Varun Jain, “Marketing “Catch Up TV”: Success Drivers of Internet Entertainment Channels.” International Marketing Conference 2014 (2014)
Chapters, Cases, Readings, Supplements
- Jha, Ashish Kumar , Haritha Saranga, Indranil Bose, and Saikat Lahiri, “Bosch: A case of Product Innovation.”, IIM Calcutta Case Research Center. IIM Calcutta Case Research Center, 2016.
- Bose, Indranil , Ashish Kumar Jha, and Havovi Joshi, “Microsoft IT India: a journey in business model transformation.”, IIM Calcutta Case Research Center. IIM Calcutta Case Research Center, 2014.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Varun Jain, “Social Knowledge Management: Enabling Giant Leap to the Future.”, Harnessing Social Media as a Knowledge Management Tool. IGI Global, 2016.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “Innovation Styles, Processes and their drivers: An organizational perspective.”, Technology, Innovation and Enterprise Transformation. IGI Global, 2014.
- 2015 – System and Method for Making Automation Decisions With Deterministic and Non-deterministic Ticket Flow Information for Production Support Services. (# 0607/MUM/2015)
- 2014 – System and Method for Dynamic Multilayered governance. (# US 14/513,626)
- 2013 – System and Method for pricing in Production Support. (# US 14/514,603)
- 2013 – Optimizing Allocation of Configuration Elements. (# US 14/513,757)