- Strategic Management
- International Business
- Ph.D. in Strategic Management, EM Lyon, France
- M.A. in International Management, I.A.E. of Université des Sciences Sociales de Toulouse, France
- B.A. in Business Administration, SungKyunKwan University, Seoul, Korea
- Firm performance, Firm-partner resources and attributes, and Composition in Alliance portfolios
- International Business and Inter-firm Networks
- Co-evolution of interfirm relationships
- Assistant professor, Strategy and Innovation Academic Area, Rennes School of Business (2012 – Present)
- Lecturer, EM LYON ( February, 2010 – April, 2010)
- Teaching Assistant, EM LYON (October, 2008 – October, 2009)
- International Sales Manager, SPG Korea Co. Ltd of SPG Group, Korea.
- International Sales Manager, Lotte Aluminium Co., Ltd of Lotte Group, Korea
Refereed Articles Discipline-Based Scholarship
Influence of firm and partner resources on firm performance in alliance portfolio
Authors:Kim, S-Y Published in:M@n@gement, 17 (2), 88-109 Date:2014
Presentations of Refereed Papers International
The impact of competitive market embeddedness and diversity of institutional environment on MNE performance.
Authors:Kim, Seong Young and Philippe Monin. Published in:AIMS (Association Internationale de Management Stratégique), Hammamet, Tunisia. Date:2016
Firm performance and multimarket competition: contingency effect of institutions.
Authors:Kim, Seong Young Published in:EGOS (European Group for Organizational Studies), Naples, Italy. Date:2016
Normative and Resisting Behaviors of Middle managers in Emerging Market
Authors:Kim, Seong Young and Jie Xiong Published in:Asia-Pacific Conference on Management and Business, Seoul, Republic of Korea. Date:2014
When Does Endowment of Partners Matter? : The Role of Firm Commitment and Portfolio Cohesion For Performance.
Authors:KIM, Seong Young Published in:Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Orlando, United States of America. Date:2013
Performance Effects of Diversity of Alliance Portfolio Resources and Market Experience
Authors:Kim, S-Y Published in:Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM), Boston, MA. Date:2012
When do alliance portfolio resources matter?: The effect of a firm’s market experience.
Authors:Kim, S-Y. & Forgues, B Published in:Annual conference of European Academy of Management (EURAM), Rotterdam. Date:2012
A matching theory of alliance portfolio configuration and firm performance
Authors:Kim, S-Y Published in:Annual Conference of the Strategic Management Society Date:2011
Alliance portfolio diversity, strategic position, and performance.
Authors:Kim, S-Y Published in:Annual Conference of the Strategic Management Society (SMS Date:2011
The attributes of partners and firm performance in alliance portfolios.
Authors:Kim, S-Y Published in:4th Israel Strategy Conference (ISC), Technion University, Haifa. Israel. Date:2010
Why partners' endowments are not enough: the effect of resource commitment and status for firm performance in a firm's alliances.
Authors:Kim, Seong Young and Ulirch Wassmer Published in:AIMS Date:2014