- Financial economics
- Investment Management
- Impact Investing
- Corporate Finance
- PhD. in Finance, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton business school (September 2008 – August 2014)
- Msc. in Financial Economics, University of Oxford, Saïd business school, Oxford, OX, United Kingdom, (September 2006 – June 2007)
- MA in applied economics (lic. TEW), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Department of economics, Leuven, VBR, Belgium (September 2002 – September 2006)
- Social Finance
- Social Entrepreneurship
(Impact investing, Corporate social responsibility, Social economics)
- iMBA Director, Rennes School of Business (September 2019 – Present)
- Assistant professor, Finance & Accounting Academic area, Rennes School of Business (May, 2015 – Present).
- Teaching Assistant, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton business school Philadelphia, PA, United States (September 2009 – June 2013)
- Voluntary researcher, University of Antwerp, Department of economics, Antwerp, ANT, Belgium (November 2014 – 2015)
(Research Project: 2014 Barometer of corporate social responsibility in Belgium
- Dean’s List Award 2007, Saïd business school, University of Oxford
- Doctoral fellowship, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Carlos and Rosa de la Cruz Ph.D. Fellowship in behavioral finance, (2011-2012)
Refereed Articles Discipline-Based Scholarship
- Vanwalleghem, Dieter , Canan Yildirim, and Anthony Mukanya, “Leveraging local knowledge or global advantage: Cross border bank mergers and acquisitions in Africa.” (in press) Emerging Markets Review (2019):
- Dowling, Michael , Colm O’Gorman, Petya Puncheva, and Dieter Vanwalleghem, “Trust and SME attitudes towards equity financing across Europe.” (in press) Journal of World Business (2019):
- Dowling, Michael and Dieter Vanwalleghem, “Gulf Cooperation Council Cross-Border M&A: Institutional Determinants of Target Nation Selection.” Research in International Business and Finance 46. (2018): 471-489.
- Vanwalleghem, Dieter , “The real effects of sustainable and responsible investing?” Economic Letters 156. (2017): 10-14.
- Demoor, VanLiedekerke and Vanwalleghem, “The Risk-return of Belgian SRI funds. Tijdschrift voor Economie en Management“, 52 673-685 (2007)