Faculty Recruitment – Rennes School of Business
Multiple Full-time Permanent Positions in OB, OT, Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, and Information Systems
About the positions
Due to its strong growth, Rennes School of business (or Rennes SB) has multiple permanent faculty positions open at the Senior Lecturer, Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor level – in the Pedagogical profile – in the following areas:
Management & Organization seeks a teacher in Project Management (Position code: M&O20)
In particular, the candidate
– should be able to deliver project management classes in English and French,
– should be willing to contact and coordinate with businesses and associations to identify projects students can work on in order to integrate real world projects into teaching.
The ability to teach law, CSR or research methods in addition to project management is welcomed, but not a prerequisite.
Statistics and research methods (Position code: M&O20)
Strategy & Innovation seeks a faculty in Entrepreneurship who also has ideally a strategy background (Position code: S&I20)
– The candidate is expected to develop and teach courses in entrepreneurship, including small business management, creativity, entrepreneurial processes and cognition, for several audiences from bachelor to master level as well as executive education.
– The candidate is expected to teach introductory strategy courses.
– The candidate has ideally experience in programme management in the area of entrepreneurship, innovation and strategy.
– Industry experience in the field of entrepreneurship or consulting is not required, but is considered as an asset.
Accounting (Position code: F&A20)
- International Financial Reporting
- International Taxation
- Advanced Accounting and Consolidation
Economics (Position code: F&A20)
- Financial economics
Marketing (Position code: MKT20)
- Luxury marketing
- Advertising, digital advertising, and ecommerce
- Marketing of innovation, marketing of new products
- B2B marketing and negotiation in a B2B context
- Pricing, retail and distribution management, merchandizing
Supply Chain Management (Position code: SCM20)
- Statistical modeling, time series analysis and forecasting models
- Logistics, distribution networks and transportation
- Inventory management, stochastic optimization of supply chains
- Revenue management
- Green supply chain, green operations, reverse logistics, and/or closed loop supply chain
Information Systems (Position code: IS20)
- Big data analytics
- Programming for data analytics (R, Python, Java, etc)
- Data visualization (Tableau, etc)
- Green IT, IT applications for sustainable operations, and supply chain management
- IT management, IS implementation, and advanced topics in IT or IS management
- Management of information systems
More in general, we are particularly interested across all disciplines in faculty focusing on agribusiness, AI-based business, managing and organizing in a complex world, and green and demand-driven supply chain.
Starting date is Sept 2020, but an earlier start could be negotiated.
We highly value quality teaching, especially contributions to excellence and innovation in pedagogy (including e-learning). Service to the development of Rennes SB as well as to the practitioner and academic communities are also important elements of what we are looking for in our future faculty members.
Our salaries are competitive and will be commensurate with prior performance and experience. Our incentives are highly competitive. We also provide assistance in relocation and housing search, French language courses, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, and a complementary pension scheme.
About the candidates
We are looking for motivated, dynamic, high-potential candidates with the following characteristics:
- Doctoral degree in a business-related field from an internationally recognized institution (e.g., EQUIS, AACSB) is desirable, but not a requirement;
- Excellence in teaching with a particular focus on learning-centered classrooms and active student engagement;
- Experience in developing cutting edge course material;
- Experience with or willingness to developing case studies;
- Willingness to contribute to the development and growth of Rennes SB;
- Ability to deliver quality courses in English within the discipline one is hired for (teaching evaluations required, but prior knowledge of French is not a requirement);
- Proactive and collegial attitude towards colleagues, academic departments, and Rennes SB as a whole.
Screening of applications is ongoing and will continue until the positions are filled. The application package consists of a cover letter, curriculum vitae (with the names and contact information of at least three referees), teaching statement (clearly outlining innovative pedagogical approaches), representative intellectual contributions (maximum 3; i.e. book chapters, case studies, etc), teaching evaluations, and any record of services to the research, academic, and business communities. Please merge all the information in a single .pdf document bearing the candidate’s last name Please merge all the information in a single .pdf document bearing the candidate’s last name and the position code indicated above (i.e. M&O20, S&I20, F&A20, MKT20, SCM20, or IS20, respectively), and email it to email@example.com. The three recommendation letters should be sent directly by the referees to the same email address.
For any question, feel free to contact us.
About Rennes School of Business
Rennes SB is a fast-growing institution providing undergraduate and graduate education to more than 4,500 students from all over the world. A triple accredited institution (AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA), Rennes SB is the most international business school in France and one of the most multicultural of its kind, with a Faculty that is 95% non-French, coming from 40 different countries. Our student body consists of 55% international students coming from more than 70 countries, making it the perfect job environment for international faculty.
Our Programme Portfolio includes a full range of international programmes: PhD, DBA, EMBA, iMBA, specialized Masters, Programme Grande École (PGE) and Bachelor’s Degree. English is the main working and teaching language at the School, as the vast majority of programmes are taught entirely in English.
Rennes SB is located in Western France, one hour and 25 minutes from the center of Paris by train, and less than one hour from the coast. The capital of Brittany, Rennes has a strong economy and is recognized for its outstanding quality of life and cultural environment with a wide range of private and public amenities including excellent primary and secondary schools. Rennes is also home to a very strong technology cluster and active entrepreneurial ecosystem. More information about the School can be found on our website.