[Alumni mentorship] match with an Alumni mentor to boost the end of your studies!
The Rennes School of Business Alumni Association mentoring scheme aims to create links between former and current students, notably helping to prepare final-year students to integrate the job market.
The Rennes School of Business Alumni mentoring scheme is an initiative that is designed to accompany students towards the end of their studies, from the finetuning of their professional project and job search strategy right up to their first steps in the company.
Organised by the School’s Alumni Association, the scheme puts current students in touch with members of Rennes SB Alumni who have at least three years of professional experience in the position, sector or industry that the student is aiming to work in, helping them to assess the consistency of their professional project, assess their job search strategy and share crucial experience and advice. Both French and international students can sign up for the scheme, with both anglophone and francophone mentors available!
The role of the mentor:
- Assess the student’s professional project: the mentor helps the student identify how realistic their project will be, helping them to consider the obstacles to be expected and how to overcome them.
- Evaluate the students’ job search strategy and provide feedback on their action plan: the mentor gives his or her advice on the student’s job search strategy and fills in an evaluation sheet.
- Follow-up during the first few months after graduation: the mentor will give feedback and advice to the student on how best to achieve their professional goals, referring them to the Career Centre at Rennes School of Business for further coaching if necessary.
Benefits for final-year students:
- They obtain an objective outside opinion on their professional project and job search strategy
- They benefit from the specialised knowledge and experience of an Alumnus who works in the position, industry or sector that the student is targeting.
- They have access to first-hand advice as they prepare and launch their first job search after their studies at Rennes School of Business
- They start growing their professional networks before they even leave the School.
Last year, over 100 members of our Alumni signed up to participate in the scheme!
The Rennes School of Business Alumni Association in figures
- 24,434 members
- 61 clubs
- 66 events so far in 2022
Want to hear more about some of the outstanding careers of our Alumni? Check out some Alumni stories in the Unframed Talking podcast, recorded in celebration of the School’s 30th anniversary!