The Rennes School of Business Pum’Awards celebrate their 10th anniversary.
On Tuesday 19 September 2023, the Rennes SB Alumni network organised the Pum’Awards on the Paris campus, a ceremony to reward entrepreneurs and associations represented by students and graduates of the school.
Every year, the Alumni network organises a competition aimed at project leaders from the school. The aim of the competition is to provide financial support for the creation and development of businesses or associations. Supported by the Entrepreneurship Department and the school’s Foundation, the competition rewards the most promising projects.
No fewer than 37 candidates took part in this 10th edition! In all, 9 finalists were selected, and 5 prize-winners rewarded for their innovative and diverse projects!
Innovative and supportive 2023 winners
For the 2023 competition, 3 companies and 2 associations received Pum’Awards:
- Aerosolution: designer and distributor of a new generation of aerosol paint cans, using compressed air instead of flammable liquefied gas
- Kirae: a video game-based training tool to support the development and enhancement of soft skills: from awareness to confidence building
- Ochy: an application for personalised analysis of running movements to reduce muscular tension and improve performance
- Les Hôtels Solidaires: Collection of uneaten foodstuffs and unused furniture in hotels, to be donated to associations helping the most disadvantaged.
- Talents sur Saône: A new kind of evening showcasing local talent in aid of associations helping children/young people and the elderly, broadcast live.
An edition of quality and innovation
The evening also featured a number of new features, as this year the public was invited to vote. A new category of winners was also introduced, designed to reward the alumni most involved in the life of the network: the Pum’rewards.
“What a pleasure as a jury to see such high-quality entries! The competition has become a must for our alumni entrepreneurs, enabling us to monitor their progress and provide them with tailored support through our Innostart incubator” – Valentin Henry, Head of the Entrepreneurship Department.
It’s a competition that never ceases to see the emergence of some great new ideas! Previous winners include the famous French unicorn Voodoo, specialising in the smartphone gaming market.