Double degree seeking students can earn, depending on their level and on the agreement signed with their home university the IBPM programme degree (Undergraduate level), or a Master in Management (Programme Grande École or Msc degree (Postgraduate level).
Details about the availability of the double degree are to be checked with the student’s home institution.
Key dates & Programme
- Double degree at undergraduate level
Fall semester : Beginning of September – End December
Spring semester : End of January – Beginning of May
- Double degree at postgraduate level
Fall semester : Beginning of September – End December
Spring semester : Beginning of January – End of April
Please note: Internship + bachelor dissertation (Undergraduate level)/ graduating project (Postgraduate level) may increase the length of your stay in Rennes.
Please check the conditions with your home university.
Fall Semester : Mid May
Spring Semester : Mid October
Fall Semester : End of May
Spring Semester : End of October
Double degree seeking students can earn, depending on their level and on the agreement signed with their home university the IBPM programme degree (Undergraduate level), or a Master in Management (Programme Grande École) or Msc degree (Postgraduate level).
- 120 ECTS / minimum 2 years of undergraduate studies completed for Double degree at undergraduate level
- 180 ECTS / minimum 3 years of undergraduate studies completed for Double degree at postgraduate level
Students applying for an exchange with Rennes SB must first be nominated by their home institution. Once selected and/or accepted by the home institution, please fully complete and send to Rennes School of Business the application form for exchange students (provided by your home university).
We advise early application to enable early on-line registration of classes and to avoid delays in obtaining a visa.
The application should enclose :
- Fully completed application form signed by the candidate and the Home University
- Official transcripts for the entire education of the student at the home university (translated into English if the transcripts are not in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian)
- CV (in English) and letter of motivation (in English)
Language requirement: One of the following official language tests is required : Toefl test IBT 79 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750
European Transfer Credit System Credits
- Your university has an exchange agreement with Rennes School of Business, and you are registered as a degree-seeking student in this university. You do not have to pay fees at the Rennes School of Business, only at your home institution.
- For more precise details on how and when to go abroad, and what courses to study, please ask your business school international office or your study abroad office for advice.
- In order to get the degree from Rennes School of Business, you need to spend a full academic year in Rennes.
- In order to get your degree from Rennes : Rennes School of Business uses the ECTS (European Transfer Credit System). The choice of your courses and the number of credits to be obtained will depend on the agreement signed between your university and Rennes School of Business. Please check the modalities with your home institution.
- Students will be contacted by email 2 to 3 months before the start of the programme in order to make their choice of courses.
Grading system used at Rennes School of Business
ECTS Grading Definition %
- A 5 Excellent outstanding performance 70% or above
- B 4 Very good : Above average standard but with some errors 65% – 69%
- C 3 58% – 64%
- Good : Generally sound work with a number of notable errors
- D 2 Satisfactory : Fair but with significant short comings 50% – 57%
- E 1 Sufficient : Performance meets the minimum criteria 40% – 49%
- Fx 0 Fail : Some more work required before credits can be awarded 30% – 39%
- F 0 Fail : Considerable further work is required and student needs to re-take the course Below 30%
The internship is a mandatory condition to obtain a degree from Rennes, both at Undergraduate and postgraduate level. The length and conditions of the internship are specified in the agreement signed with your home university.
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Handicap, Health Problems
Rennes School of Business welcomes students with disabilities. Please contact the school before arrival (send an email to the programme administration for your programme). For students with reduced mobility, the school is equipped for lifts/elevators to the classroom floors and other amenities. Transport in Rennes is also adapted to persons with reduced mobility (metro & buses).
- For more information, also consult : Accommodation & Health
Rennes School of Business helps international students to find suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A new residence campus for international students is now available on the campus.