Our Master in Management programme offers students the professional and soft skills, knowledge, and practical experiences necessary to become highly competent managers in today’s global economy.
Such high-level management involves:
- 100% commitment to an innovative vision that breaks with convention,
- compliance with a code of ethics that ensures a responsible approach to business,
- efficiency, effectiveness and the ability to lead multicultural teams,
- value creation for a company and all its stakeholders.
Students gradually construct their own pathway, honing their competencies, personal development and interests. Throughout their Master in Management, students are mentored to foster their autonomy, diligence and professionalism. They also gain fresh perspectives by engaging with partner businesses and studying in partner universities across all five continents.
The Master in Management programme (MIM) is the perfect continuation for business major students, or a stepping stone for students with a non-business undergraduate degree.
Rennes School of Business belongs to the network of France’s highest-ranking educational institutions.
1. Quality of teaching staff
Extensively involved both in the teaching side and in the creation of new knowledge through research activities, faculty ensure that courses are continually updated with the latest discoveries from the world of management science.
2. A profoundly international perspective
91% of full-time teaching staff and 53% of students come from abroad, making campus life a genuine and somewhat unique cultural beehive. With a a network of 300 main partner universities worldwide, the School gives you a unique opportunity to study in a continuous international environment.
3. A strong relationship with business
Businesses do much more than simply provide a natural career avenue for graduates (over 50% of students are recruited before the end of their studies). They are also educational partners who provide them with support right from the start of their studies until the day they graduate.
Courses are based on an educational concept inspired by observations and analyses of best practices in the teaching of advanced level Management studies. It focuses on the four learning themes below which complement each other to build learning synergies that help students to develop their career plans.
- Understanding of business management concepts, methods and tools: the area of general study lays the groundwork for professional aspirations.
- Learning about cultural diversity: studying in a multi-cultural environment and the benefits from at least one educational period spent abroad, designed to broaden understanding of different management practices.
- Applying knowledge: an opportunity to road-test knowledge and ambitions within the school’s Global Responsible Pioneers Associations and on business work placements, some of which will be spent abroad.
- Developing personal potential: lectures and workshops on interpersonal relationship management enable students to develop personal potential as well as group leadership skills in order to manage and lead teams towards innovation and entrepreneurship.
Structure of courses
- The 1st year provides management and business fundamentals in addition to more than 15 electives in Finance, Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Accounting and Geopolitics. 100% of the courses will be taught in English.
- The 2nd year offers students the choice of more than 20 specialisation tracks, all taught in English.
Internships/Professional training: an optional gap-year offers an opportunity for students to confirm or change their major.
- Placement at the end of the 1st year: choice of a key management function in a company.
- In-company training: an optional gap year offering an opportunity to confirm or change the choice of major.
- Placement at the end of studies “Graduated project (GP)”: advanced management placement used as the basis for research dissertation related to career aims.
- Bachelor or equivalent
- English proficiency:
TOEFL > 80 IBT
or TOEIC > 750
or IELTS > 6.0
or Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE) > B2
or Pearson Test of English (PTE) > 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
or TOEFL 70 or TOEIC 700 or IELTS 5.5 + IEC
or Native Language: English
or previous studies taught in English (minimum 2 years)
or a placement English test (similar to TOEIC) , at no extra cost. Available at the time of your acceptance into the programme.
- GMAT or GRE score (optionnal)
Modules: September 2021 to May 2023
Internship: 10 weeks in 2022; 16 weeks in 2023
Graduating project: up to September 2023
13 000 euros
The programme structure gives us an incomparable opportunity to go abroad.
As a Chinese student in the Grande Ecole Programme, I really enjoyed all the times spent in our School and in Rennes. Rennes School of Business' strengths lie in its Career Centre, its powerful Alumni network and its faculty. Besides, the fantastic atmosphere among all the international and French students provided us with the perfect integration into a different culture. Last but not least, the programme structure gives us an incomparable opportunity to go abroad for an academic exchange and discover an exotic culture.’’
First term - September 2021 to December 2021
- Managing International Complexity
- Global Sustainability Issues
- Information Technology Management
- Strategic Formulation and Simulation
- AST2 and ASTi only – Business Proficiency Certificate
- International Fair (Fall Semester)
Curiosity modules (choose 1 pack)
Pack 1 – Sustainable Consumption
Sustainable Production Systems
Pack 2 – Sustainable & Social Entrepreneurship
Social enterprise and intrapreneurship
Pack 3 – Analytics
Strategy Analytics (1st part of the semester)
Marketing Analytics (2nd part of the semester)
Pack 4 – Finance & Supply Chain Management
Financial markets: fundamentals
Pack 5 – Accounting & Information Systems
Information and Communication Systems Management
Pack 6 – Geopolitics and International Affairs (pack majoritairement en Français)
Manager l’information: captologie, cybersécurité et influence
Negotiation in a complex world
Learning by doing
Learning by Doing (School Associations)
Compulsory language module
- English Communication for Business(AST2 only)
According to students 2nd language
Optional language – blended learning – beginners only – subject to number of students
- Choose among available languages
Second term - January 2022 to April 2022
In the partner university
- Study Abroad S4
Talents & Career
Talents & Career Passport Year 1 (6 credits awarded from year 1, ex-PGE1 only)
Talents & Career Passport year 2 (6 credits awarded in year 3) including :
- Corporate Days (2 during Fall Semester)
- Professional Developement
- Personal developement : Unframe yourself ! ( AST2, and ASTi only)
Internships, choose among :
- Internship 2 ( in France or Aboroad) : May to August 2022
- Gap Year ( in France or Abroad) : May 2022 to August 2023
Candidates have to fill in the application form.
Eligible candidates will be interviewed (in person, by telephone, or online)
Visa for non-European students
As soon as you are admitted in the programme, please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
Rennes School of Business offers scholarships depending on academic performance or social criteria.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students find suitable accommodation (new on-campus student residence, shared flat, private house, family homestay).