The MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship is based on the expertise of two ‘‘Grandes Ecoles’’, INSA Rennes and Rennes School of Business.
It aims to educate students in the fields of innovation management and entrepreneurship by developing their own business plans, throughout the programme.
5 reasons to join this programme :
- The creation of a business project from start to finish, beginning at the ideation stage and leading up to defending the project in front of a jury of professional experts.
- A high level of support throughout the programme with personalised coaching sessions, a programme which is run by a team of coaches and the input of external professionals.
- Participation in three varied challenges which encourage students to push themselves and step out of their comfort zone.
- The use of up-to-date tools and techniques and reliable methods to construct a solid foundation, aiming to avoid companies or innovations whose success is short-lived.
- Professional development that ranges from support during the launch of a start-up to preparing the student to join the intrapreneurial division of a large group.
Become an entrepreneur who masters innovation challenges faced by firms in the 21st century
"The objective of MSc IE is to build students’ skills and competencies to become an entrepreneur or an intrapreneur who masters innovation challenges faced by firms in the 21st century. Innovation often takes birth at the frontier of several disciplines and therein lays one of the specificities of the MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship. MSc IE combines the experience of two Grandes Ecoles : Rennes School of Business and INSA Rennes. This combination provides the opportunity for students to learn together by confronting their ideas and perspectives in the implementation of a venture creation project or by acting as intrapreneurs in large groups."
- A strong academic background
- Bachelor or equivalent (Diploma)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL > 80 IBT
- or TOEIC > 750
- or IELTS > 6.0
- or Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE) > B2
- or Pearson Test of English (PTE) > 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- or TOEFL 70 or TOEIC 700 or IELTS 5.5 + IEC
- or Native Language: English
- or previous studies taught in English (minimum 2 years)
- or a placement English test (similar to TOEIC) , at no extra cost. Available at the time of your acceptance into the programme.
French Proficiency: DELF> B2 or DALF>C1 or TCF TEF
- A strong academic background
- Bachelor or equivalent
Duration: 15 months
September 2021 intake:
Modules: September 2021 to April 2022
Internship (4 to 6-month duration): May 2022 up to February 2023
Graduating project: October 2022
English & French (Over 80% of courses are in French)
This is for me a unique experience to pre-design my project
I chose the MSc Innovation and Entrepreneurship in order to acquire more technical knowledge and improve my business skills. I always have been interested in creation, novelty and technology and always wanted to build my own company. This is for me a unique experience to pre-design my project, work in complementary groups and learn more about myself.
VENTURE PLAN / INTERNSHIP
SEMESTER 1 – COMPULSORY MODULES
- Entrepreneur Thinking & Creativity
- Creativity Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Caacity Building
- Sensibilisation aux Technologies
- Financing New Venture
- Marketing of Innovation
- Strategy and Organisation Audit
- Innovation Challenges
- Sensibilisation aux Usages
SEMESTER 2 – COMPULSORY MODULES
- HR for Start Up
- Business Law, Contract Law and IP Law
- Personal Development for Entrepreneurs
- Start up Project Management
TOTAL = 120 ECTS
Venture creation project
Project by groups of 3 to 5 students
In Start-up, SME or large group: internship should be related to innovation/creation
4 months minimum (max 6 months)
1 thesis defence (Rennes) + 1 internship report
Career opportunities (Alumni)
Steeple, Newcy, R-Go / Akhal, Open Path View, EALPHY, Le Lys Paris, Livestep, Mademoiselle Fayelle…
Financial Consultant, Credit Analyst, Financial Services and Risk Management Advisor, Senior Financial Auditor, Cost Controller, Account Manager, Business Analyst and Pricing Officer, Financial Planning, Product Manager, Investment Bank Manager…
KPMG, Bank of East Asia, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, Total, Schneider Electric, Valeo, Pwc, Moody’s Investors, LVMH, Bank of Tokyo, HSBC, AccorHotels…
Canada, China, Colombia, France, USA…
Candidates have to fill in the application form. The complete student’s file must be submitted to the admissions office.
Eligible candidates will be contacted for a an interview (Face-to-face, telephone, skype or on-line interview).
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students to finding suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A new residence campus for international students is now available on the campus.