This programme equips graduates with key analytical methods and tools that willallow them to become leaders in datadriven decision making. Through its theoretical and practical courses, the Master prepares students for jobs related to data and business analytics in different areas such as supply chain management, marketing and finance. The programme is designed to meet industry demand for graduates with managerial and analytics skills that are able to apply data science to tackle business challenges.
Rennes School of Business has partnered with International School of Engineering (INSOFE) to offer M.Sc Data & Business Analytics (DBAn) as a techno-managerial twinning programme.
5 reasons to join this programme :
- Tailored to current company needs for market analysts.
- A balance between key technical knowledge and necessary business skills.
- Up to date with the latest industry software.
- Programme graduates are highly employable in diverse fields.
- An international and multicultural programme, located in Brittany, France.
Manage the world through big data!
The students of this MSc are able to synthesize relevant business analytics information and develop and use analytics tools of different types and forms to improve decisions throughout an organisation. The focus is on tools and methods for data mining and description, forecasting (prediction), and decision making (prescription).
Graduates with Bachelor degree (or equivalent) with strong background and interest in quantitative methods are welcomed to join the programme.
- A strong academic background
- Bachelor or equivalent (Diploma)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL > 80 IBT
- or TOEIC > 750
- or IELTS > 6.0
- or Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE) > B2
- or Pearson Test of English (PTE) > 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- or TOEFL 70 or TOEIC 700 or IELTS 5.5 + IEC
- or Native Language: English
- or previous studies taught in English (minimum 2 years)
- or a placement English test (similar to TOEIC) , at no extra cost. Available at the time of your acceptance into the programme.
September 2021 intake:
Duration: 15 months
Modules: September 2021 to April 2022
Internship (4 to 6-month duration): May 2022 up to February 2023
Graduating project: October 2022
Fees structure and funding:
The in depth knowledge of the professors is great
With the support of excellent professors in Data Science, even someone like me with limited exposure to programming and advance statistics was able to thrive. The in depth knowledge of the professors is great, but I also enjoyed a lot the Business analytics.
THESIS / LANGUAGE COURSES / INTERNSHIP
COMPULSORY MODULES – SEMESTER 1
- Programming for Data Analytics
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Statistical Modeling for Business
- Data Management
- Times Series Analysis
- Optimisation and Simulation
COMPULSORY MODULES – SEMESTER 2
- Social Media Intelligence
- Customer Data Analysis
- Retail Analytics
- Marketing Research and Analysis
- Corporate Social Responsability «Winter session» abroad or course in Rennes.
TOTAL = 120 ECTS
Business analysis capabilities are given a lot of importance in all activities such as Marketing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Finance, Retail and both for private and public sectors.
With the huge amounts of data (big data), it has become crucial for organizations to take advantage of the progress in analytics, and need qualified specialists at the management level to oversee the collection and use of data. Nowadays, we are creating data at a much faster rate than we can produce qualified professional that can exploit it for the benefits of organizations.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects accelerated growth of careers across the business analytics spectrum from 2014-2024:
- Financial Analyst — 12% growth
- Management Analyst — 14% growth
- Market Research Analyst — 19% growth
- Operations Research Analyst — 30% growth
Other career opportunities for graduates with a MS in Business Analytics include Data Analyst, Budget Analyst, Business Analyst, Market Research Analyst, Operations Research Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, Consultant, Data engineer Artificial Intelligence Developper…
Candidates have to apply on line.
Eligible candidates will be contacted for a an interview (Face-to-face, telephone, skype or on-line interview).
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students to finding suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A new residence campus for international students is now available on the campus.