The MSc in Geopolitics & Business at Rennes School of Business ensures highly operational training in two particular domains: strategic watch and influence.
Choosing the MSc in Geopolitics & Business leads to a profession with high added value. It focuses on the three defining characteristics of the future: the rebirth of identities, global digitalisation and the return to nature as a source of inspiration and regeneration.
5 reasons to join this programme :
- The detailed study of cartography allows students to address issues of geopolitics from a grounded and realistic perspective.
- Graduates are prepared for a profession with high added value.
- Students learn through a blend of concentrated, independent study and in collaboration with their peers during collective projects.
- Designed to train future leaders that are capable of anticipating risks and seizing new business opportunities.
- Encourages student entrepreneurship through close links with the School’s network and the ‘Innostart’ business incubator.
Join a master's programme sponsored by a network of investors, the Summit of Minds!
In a context that is marked by systemic upheavals and the rebirth of both cultural and political identities, this programme aims to train future leaders that are capable of anticipating the risks of the future and, above all, of seizing new business opportunities. The programme directly incorporates the expertise of general officers, geopolitical specialists and investors and is sponsored by the companies Risk & Ops and the Summit of Minds."
- A strong academic background
- Bachelor or equivalent (Diploma)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL > 80 IBT
- or TOEIC > 750
- or IELTS > 6.0
- or Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE) > B2
- or Pearson Test of English (PTE) > 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- or TOEFL 70 or TOEIC 700 or IELTS 5.5 + IEC
- or Native Language: English
- or previous studies taught in English (minimum 2 years)
- or a placement English test (similar to TOEIC), at no extra cost. Available at the time of your acceptance into the programme.
September 2021 intake:
Duration: 15 months
Modules: September 2021 to April 2022
Internship (4 to 6-month duration): May 2022 up to February 2023
Graduating project: October 2022
€16,200 for EU students
€18,200 for non-EU students
INDIVIDUAL PERSONALISED COACHING / DIRECT CONTACT WITH RECRUITERS / GRADUATING PROJECT
• Strategic watch
• Eurasia and the world
• The vision of global leaders
• Digital tools for an efficient strategic watch
• Strategic watch for the defense industry
• Seminar Risk & Ops
• The games of influence in today’s crises
• Cultures and philosophies of influence
• General influence and lobbying
• Digital tools for influence and lobbying
• Commercial and political influence
• Seminar Summit of minds
TOTAL = 120 ECTS
Career opportunities (Alumni)
Risk analyst, Military officer, Lobbyist, Financial services and Risk, Insurance analyst, Investment Bank Manager, Consultant in influence, International Negotiator, Business developer, Business intelligence
Deloitte, Nano Corps, Summit of Minds, Risk & Ops, Airbus, ENGIE, MBDA, Ministère des
Admissions are based on a review of the candidate’s academic records and an interview. Applications must be submitted online on this page.
Following a review of their academic records, selected candidates will be contacted for an interview in English (face-to-face or remote).
Need advice on the admissions process?
Check the School’s online agenda each month to make an appointment with an admissions advisor and discuss your project. Consult the agenda.
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for a residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students to find suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A residence campus for international students is available on the campus.