- This programme aims to broaden professional competencies and academic skills in accounting and related fields such as management control, auditing and corporate taxation.
- Beyond these objectives, the students will customize their professional skills in international accounting and advisory services, broaden their management competencies, but also develop their foundational competencies in communication and analytical skills or problem solving.
- At RSB, students will learn from highly qualified resident academics and also from acting professionals or experts invited to conference or lecture on a wide range of topics related to international accounting or financial management issues. This unique combination will bring future graduates a broad spectrum of competencies to satisfy their expectations and to meet their professional goals.
- After having completed their degree, most of MSc IAMCA graduates are eligible to progress to the professional accounting exams in France (DSCG), in the UK (ACCA) or Belgium and Luxembourg (IRE), among others, in order to become qualified accountants, an important foot-step in their accounting and financial management career.
In that context, Rennes School of Business aims at offering specialized master to suit the career and academic interests of every single international student. It is therefore not surprising to notice numerous graduates taking advantage of the growing demands for controllers, auditors or business consultants in:
- The audit and assurance services (external audit, consolidation review, financial reporting review),
- The advisory – consulting services (internal audit, corporate controls, risk analysis and management),
- The advisory – transaction services (private equity, mergers & acquisitions or due diligence duties),
- Financial management such as managerial accountants, controllers or treasurers.
Globalisation is a fact of business life and accounting is an important element in the process of opening up companies to the world
" The challenges to the businesses of the 21st century are both significant and diverse. Globalisation is a fact of business life and accounting is an important element in the process of opening up companies to the world. The opportunities available to graduates qualified to a master’s level in the relatively new field of international accounting are immense: there is, in many countries, an acute shortage of such candidates for posts in external and internal audit; in financial reporting and analysis; and in the field of financial management generally. Career development is real both at the national and international level. "
- First degree (Bachelors) in Business or equivalent
- English proficiency: TOEFL > 80 (ITB) or TOEIC >750 or IELTS > 6.5 or equivalent, or native language: English
- Application form
- Eligible candidates will be contacted for a an interview (Face-to-face, telephone, skype or on-line interview).
- Other cases will be considered individually
Fees structure and funding:
Modules: September 2019 to May 2020
Internship: 6 mandatory months between May 2019 & February 2020
Graduating project: up to December 2020
I believe that MSc in IAMCA is an ideal programme to get ready for the complexity of the international financial environment.
I was always sure that this programme was the one I needed. Indeed, it met all my expectations and helped me to get a position at Deal Advisory Department of KPMG Kazakhstan.
I believe that MSc in International Accounting, Management Control and Auditing is an ideal programme to get ready for the complexity of the international financial environment. While accounting is not considered to be an entertaining area of study, the RSB professors kept it very intriguing, with the truly diverse pool of students making the study process vibrant.
What I like the most is the fact that RSB focuses not only on "check list" of business subjects but rather on developing analytical skills so that the students can apply their knowledge in real life situations. Looking back, I realize that this focus helped me to feel confident as investment adviser and successfully become a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Financial & Managerial Accounting: Fundamentals
- External Auditing
- Management & Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting – Consolidation
- Accounting Information Systems
- Corporate & Business Law
- International Strategic Management ‘‘Winter session’’ abroad or course at Rennes School of Business
- Management Control
- International Financial Reporting
- International Taxation
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting
TOTAL = 120 ECTS
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students to finding suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A new residence campus for international students is now available on the campus.