Ranked 24th best masters in Finance worldwide (+ 5) and 8th in France by The Financial Times in 2021 (Career progression 2nd worldwide & International professors 2nd worldwide), the MSc in International Finance is an advanced programme designed to cover the field of Corporate Finance as well as the field of Financial Markets.
This MSc aims to equip students with solid knowledge and analytical skills in Finance, which are crucial today to operate effectively in an integrated and complex global environment. This programme is an excellent step toward a promising career.
During the cursus, the students of the MSc in International Finance have the opportunity to take the Bloomberg Markets Concepts (BMC) certificate (no extra charge).
5 reasons to join this programme :
- The programme is recognised and ranked by the Financial Times (24th worldwide and 7th in France).
- Opportunity to obtain the Bloomberg Markets Concepts (BMC) certificate for free.
- A solid base in both corporate finance and financial markets means that graduates are employable in both fields.
- Hands on learning during trading games, practical exercises and international case studies.
- An international and multicultural programme with the opportunity to complete a ‘Winter Session’ abroad.
Our MSc in International Finance programme produces leaders in the field of Finance.
"Financial expertise and in-depth knowledge have become crucial to understand how international financial events may affect a company and what steps can be taken to exploit positive developments and insulate the company from harmful consequences. It is for this reason that the MSc IF programme at Rennes School of Business was introduced. Our MSc in International Finance programme produces leaders in the field of Finance. The programme covers Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, and Financial Markets. The programme is taught entirely in English by both academics and professionals, all with extensive experience in finance."
- A strong academic background
- Bachelor or equivalent (Diploma)
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL > 80 IBT
- or TOEIC > 750
- or IELTS > 6.0
- or Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE) > B2
- or Pearson Test of English (PTE) > 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- or TOEFL 70 or TOEIC 700 or IELTS 5.5 + IEC
- or Native Language: English
- or previous studies taught in English (minimum 2 years)
- or a placement English test (similar to TOEIC) , at no extra cost. Available at the time of your acceptance into the programme.
September 2021 intake:
Duration: 15 months
Modules: September 2021 to April 2022
Internship (6-month duration): May 2022 up to February 2023
Graduating project: October 2022
Fees structure and funding:
Tuition Fees :
A high level of practical teaching in finance in a multicultural environment
"I chose the MSc in International Finance in Rennes SB because of its strong reputation as a business school in France providing a high level of practical teaching in finance in a multicultural environment, which was exactly what I was looking for to start an international career in Europe."
THESIS / LANGUAGE COURSES / INTERNSHIP
• Applied Economics
• Financial Economics
• Research Methods in Accounting and
• Advanced Corporate Finance
• Coding and Data Science for Accounting
• Quantitative Finance
• Empirical Methods in Finance 1
• Exchange Markets
• Financial Engineering & Trading
• Short Term and Long Term Financing
• Advanced Financial Analysis
• Empirical Methods in Finance 2
• International Strategic Management: ‘‘Winter
session’’ abroad or course in Rennes.
ELECTIVE MODULES (CHOOSE 1)
• Islamic Finance
• International & EU Business law
Financial Consultant, Credit Analyst, Financial Services and Risk Management Advisor, Senior Financial Auditor, Cost
Controller, Account Manager, Business Analyst and Pricing Officer, Financial Planning, Product Manager, Investment Bank
KPMG, Bank of East Asia, Ernst & Young, Deloitte, Total, Schneider Electric, Valeo, Pwc, Moody’s Investors, LVMH, Bank of
Tokyo, HSBC, AccorHotels…
Canada, China, Colombia, France, USA
Eligible candidates will be contacted for a an interview (Face-to-face, telephone, skype or on-line interview).
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students to finding suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A new residence campus for international students is now available on the campus.