Students of this programme will acquire specific knowledge, establish links with companies and develop managerial skills that will prepare them for
The objective is to be autonomous and operational in the broad industries of Sports and Tourism. Those industries, with their specificities, are interdependent and different from other sectors. The programme comprises a broad curriculum that coaches the future managers to be efficient in the rapidly-changing external and internal business environment.
The globalisation of all economic sectors and rapid changes requires solid knowledge in international management.
"The globalisation of all economic sectors and rapid changes requires solid knowledge in international management. The Master of Science in Sports & Tourism Management (MSc STM) is internationally oriented. The Rennes School of Business makes full use of its network of partners from public and private organisations in the sports and tourism industries. This ensures that the programme is strongly rooted in the region and is able to provide future managers with a profile which is adapted to the demands of the job market. Students in the programme come from all over the world with varied cultural and academic backgrounds. This diversity is one of the keys to the success of this Masters degree."
- A strong academic background
- Bachelor or equivalent
English proficiency (one of the following):
- TOEFL > 80 IBT
- or TOEIC > 750
- or IELTS > 6.0
- or Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE) > B2
- or Pearson Test of English (PTE) > 63 (minimum score of 59 in each section)
- or TOEFL 70 or TOEIC 700 or IELTS 5.5 + IEC
- or Native Language: English
- or previous studies taught in English (minimum 2 years)
Fees structure and funding:
Modules: September 2020 to April 2021
Internship: May 2021 to December 2021
Graduating project: up to October 2021
All professors provided us with real examples from their own experience
"There are a lot of reasons why studying at Rennes School of Business was amazing. Classes here are practical, almost all professors provided us with real examples from their own experience and also we organised some events by ourselves. On top of all that, I now truly have friends from all over the world."
THESIS / LANGUAGE COURSES / INTERNSHIP
Compulsory modules – Semester 1
- Sports & Tourism Management and Sustainable Development
- Application Project in STM
Elective modules (Semester 1, choose 4)
- Tourism Marketing and Management
- Media Studies for Sports and Tourism Industry
- Merchandising in Sports & Tourism Sector
- Sport Marketing and Sponsorship
- Sales and Purchasing in Sport and Tourism Industry
- Logistics & Transport Management in the Tourism Industry
Compulsory modules – Semester 1
- Legal Environment of Sports & Tourism Sector
- Events Management in Sports & Tourism Sector
Elective modules (Semester 2, choose 3)
- Corporate Design & Brand Identity in the Sports & Tourism Industry
- CRM in Sports & Tourism
- International Sport Policies and Sport Organisation Management
- Hospitality Management
- International Strategic Management ‘‘Winter session’’ abroad or course in Rennes.
TOTAL = 120 ECTS
Production and Marketing Plan Specialist, Project Manager, Product Planning Director, Event Director, Area Manager,
Business Manager, Sales Executive & Analyst, Foundation Development Officer, Customer Community Consultant, Hotel
Expedia, Accorhotels, Nike France, Indonesia, Mama Shelter, Ubisoft, Converse, Salomon, Booking.com, Puma, Wilson…
Belgium, China, Czech Republic, France, India, Indonesia, Senegal, Switzerland, United Kingdom…
Candidates have to fill in the application form which is available on this Web page.
Eligible candidates will be contacted for a an interview (Face-to-face, telephone, skype or on-line interview).
Visa for non-European students
Please contact the local French Embassy or Campus France in your country to obtain a visa application to arrange your stay in France as soon as you are admitted.
The international office of Rennes School of Business helps students to obtain a resident permit.
The School provides an orientation programme for all international students the week before classes start. Sessions are compulsory and cover application for residence permit, health insurance, banking, internet provider, mobile phones, bus pass and information sessions on French culture, academic expectations and standards.
Rennes School of Business helps international students to finding suitable accommodation (student residence, private house, shared flat, family homestay) in the city. A new residence campus for international students is now available on the campus.