Next programme: June 29th –July 9th, 2021
The purpose of this programme is to provide practical ideas about doing business in Europe especially in the context of Brexit and the reshaping of commercial relationships between European Union (EU) countries and the United Kingdom. Inside the EU, these relationships are also modified indirectly after Brexit since the EU is faced with the loss of a major international power and second largest contributor to the EU budget leading to a reassessment of themselves their roles and functions. Another issue concerns the division between EU members about whether the EU purpose should now be to create a major free trade zone or to move to political integration. This issue that has never been settled and comes into sharp focus with the departure of the United Kingdom.
- Successful completion of at least two years of undergraduate level studies.
- Strong command of spoken and written English.
- 6 ECTS (3 US Credits)
Included in the programme
- Teaching material
- 27 contact hours
- Company visits involving innovative SMEs and multinational companies located in Brittany
- Welcome breakfast and farewell lunch
- Tour of Rennes
- 30 April 2021
- After 30 May 2021: no fees refunded
- Fee-paying students: 1250€
- Exchange students: tuition fees will be waived if an agreement has been signed between Rennes School of Business and the home institution. All other costs – accommodation, meals, insurance, transportation and cultural visits are at the student’s expense.
Next programme: June 29th –July 9th 2021
Specific topics include:
- Europe since 1945 – political changes
- Creation of NATO and defence policy and the raison d’être today
- Creation of the Common Market and its transformation into the European Union
- Brexit and the reshaping of the EU
- Commercial challenges in Europe related to legalities, financial markets, economic practices
- Foreign policy and differences between Central-East European views and many West Europeans about international relations
Level, credits & Faculty
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Successful completion of at least two years of undergraduate-level studies.
- Students will complete and be graded on an individual presentation, a group presentation, and a final exam.
- Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded 6 ECTS / 3 US credits.
- The classes will be proposed by a member of the Marketing department whose other professional activities can be found on www.phbloom.com
- Public: Final year Undergraduate or Master students.
- Dates including final exam.
- Students will be expected to arrive in Rennes on Monday 28th June 2021 at the latest and leave on the 9th July 2021 midafternoon at the earliest.
- Accommodation : students will be provided with a list of residence options (accommodation is not included in the programme).