The International Strategic Management course focuses on Corporate Strategy with issues specific to the multi-product, multi-location or multi-business firms. The goal is to identify the problems in managing a firm’s diverse businesses and locations, and to formulate recommendations based on its current and potential performance.
The course is designed with a global and socially responsible outlook since this orientation highlights the significant emerging trends in Strategic Management. Students will develop a pragmatic approach that will guide them in the formulation and implementation of Corporate Strategy.
- Public: Final year Undergraduate or Master students
- A first level module in Strategic Analysis such as “Strategic Management Fundamentals” is required as well as introductory level courses in Marketing and Finance.
- Successful completion of at least two years of undergraduate-level studies.
- Strong command of spoken and written English.
- Accommodation is included in the fees (for fee-paying students)
- Exchange students will be provided with a list of residence options
Included in the programme
- Transfer from meeting point at the train station to accommodation on Wednesday 30th May 2018
- Teaching material
- 27 hours of classroom teaching
- Company visits
- WiFi access inside the School
- Welcome breakfast and farewell lunch or dinner
- Cultural visit
- € 1380: early bird rate for students who register before 15th March 2018.
- € 1610: full rate for students who register up to 1st April 2018.
Exchange students: Tuition fees will be waived if an agreement has been signed between Rennes School of Business and the home institution. All other costs – accommodation, meals, transportation and cultural visits are at the student’s expense.
- 15th March 2018: early bird
- 1st April 2018: final deadline
- After 1st May 2018: no fees will be refunded
The one-week Summer Programme includes 27 hours of classroom teaching, personal study time and company visits.
As a key component of the programme, this module aims to present:
• Strategic choices to compete in international markets,
• Corporate strategies such as diversification in multinational companies,
• Organizational choices for the right strategy implementation,
• Identification of organizational structure, corporate culture, and leadership to implement strategies,
• Strategic choices between internal development, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions.
Assement methods, credits & Faculty
Assessment methods include individual and teamwork: individual quizzes, team work, individual participation and a final written exam.
Before their arrival in Rennes, students will take a quiz that tests their knowledge of strategic management fundamentals.
During the programme, students are expected to read all cases and complementary readings before attending classes. They will work in teams on a case report and present it. On the last day of class, students will be assessed through a final essay-type exam.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded 6 ECTS / 3 US credits.
The instructor of this course is a professor with International Strategic Management expertise from Rennes School of Business.
- Public: Final year Undergraduate or Master students.
- Teaching language: English.
- Dates including final exam: Thursday 31st May 2018 – Friday 8th June 2018
- Students are expected to arrive in Rennes on Wednesay 30th May 2018 at the latest, and leave on 8th June mid-afternoon at the earliest.