There is a growing expectation today from company stakeholders that business should not only maximize profits but should also be environmentally and socially sustainable. “People, planet, and profits” is becoming the new normal.
The purpose of the Summer Programme is to provide students with a conceptual framework and practical ideas for understanding how organizations and managers can optimize economic, social, and environmental performance through a successful Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy.
The Summer Programme will examine how responsible managers and their companies’ stakeholders – employees, customers, suppliers, government, the community, and society at large – can work together to create a more sustainable world.
- Successful completion of at least two-years of undergraduate-level studies.
- Strong command of spoken and written English.
- Credits: 6 ECTS (3 US Credits).
- Accommodation is included in the fees (for fee-paying students)
- Exchange students will be provided with a list of residence options
Included in the programme
- Transfer from meeting point at the train station to accommodation on Monday 11th June 2018
- Teaching material
- 30 hours of classroom teaching
- Guest speakers and company visits involving innovative SMEs and multinational companies located in Brittany)
- WiFi access inside the School
- Welcome breakfast and farewell lunch
- Cultural visit
- Fee-paying students:
€ 1420 – early bird rate for students who register before 1st April 2018; € 1650 – full rate for students who register up to 15th April 2018
- Exchange students: tuition fees will be waived if an agreement has been signed between Rennes School of Business and the home institution. All other costs – accommodation, meals, transportation and cultural visits at the student’s expense.
- 1st April 2018: early bird
- 15th April 2018: final deadline
- After 1st May 2018: no fees refunded
The two-week Summer Programme includes 30 hours of classroom teaching, personal study time, presentation by a guest speaker (local manager practicing CSR), and company visits. In addition to developing their environmental and social awareness, students will take part in a variety of team projects in a multicultural learning environment designed to sharpen their problem solving, presentation, and cross-cultural communication skills.
The teaching content provides an integrated view of societal issues and functional areas of business as they relate to Responsible Management.
Specific topics include:
- Reframing the purpose of Business
- Stakeholder Management
- Responsible Leadership
- Embedding CSR into the Company’s Strategy and Culture
- Environmental Management
- The Institutional Environment of CSR
- CSR and Investors – Responsible Finance
- CSR and Employees – Responsible Human Resource Management
- CSR and Consumers – Responsible Marketing
To receive the detailed module programme, please request to : Laura Meunierlaura.email@example.com
Assessment methods, credits & Faculty
- Students will complete and be graded on an individual presentation, a group presentation, and a final exam. Before arrival in Rennes, students will be asked to prepare an individual presentation on an individual and institutional “CSR hero” from their country which they will present upon their arrival in Rennes. They will then work in groups to develop a presentation on a topic related to the transition to a more sustainable world. And on the last day of class, students will be assessed through a final essay-type exam.
- Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded 6 ECTS / 3 US credits.
- A team of multicultural professors with CSR expertise from Rennes School of Business.
- Public: Final year Undergraduate or Master students.
- Teaching language: English.
- Dates including final exam: Tuesday 12th June 2018 – Friday 22nd June 2018
- Students will be expected to arrive in Rennes on Monday 11th June 2018 at the latest and leave on 22nd June 2018 mid-afternoon at the earliest.