Next programme: June 15th – June 25th 2021
The purpose of the programme is to provide students with a conceptual framework and practical ideas for understanding how organisations and managers can optimize economic, social, and environmental performance through a successful Corporate Social Responsibility strategy. It examines how responsible managers and their companies’ stakeholders can work together to create a more sustainable world.
- Public: Final year Undergraduate or Master students
- Sucessful completion of at least two years of undergraduate level studies
- Strong command of spoken and written English
Included in the programme
- Teaching material
- 27 contact hours
- Virtual company visits or guest speaker
- Virtual cultural activities TBC
- 16 April 2021
- After 15th May 2021: no fees will be refunded
- Fee-paying students: 1065 €
- Exchange students: tuition fees will be waived if an agreement has been signed between Rennes School of Business and the home institution.
Next programme: June-July 2021
The two week Summer Programme includes 27 contact hours, personal study time, presentation by a guest speaker (local manager carrying out a CSR policy), and company visits. Students will develop their environmental and social awareness, and thanks to team projects in a multicultural learning environment, will also sharpen their problem solving, presentation, and cross-cultural communication skills.
The learning content provides an integrated view of how responsible managers can address key environmental social concerns. We will examine issues affecting key stakeholders in addition to two specific problems facing the planet – the proliferation of plastic and fast fashion.
Specific topics include:
- Reframing the purpose of Business
- CSR and stakeholders
- Responsible Leadership & strategy
- The environmental challenge
- Sustainable production and consumption
- Sustainability reporting
- CSR in the workplace
- Slowing down fast fashion
- Tackling the plastic problem
Level, assement methods, credits & Faculty
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Successful completion of at least two years of undergraduate-level studies.
Students will complete and be graded on in-class team projects, a team presentation, and a final exam.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded 6 ECTS / 3 US credits.
A multicultural team of professors from Rennes School of Business with expertise in CSR.
- Public: Final year Undergraduate or Master students.
- Dates including final exam