Launched in 2015, R-SCOM is a multidisciplinary research centre that has been created to meet the scientific and industrial challenges imposed by the changing industrial context.
The mission of R-SCOM is to analyze the technological, economical and environmental changes, to understand their impacts on operations and industrial systems, and to develop efficient solutions and aid decision tools for scientists and practioners.
Dr Ramzi Hammami
Head of R-SCOM
Ongoing research projects
Project CONCLuDE supported by The French National Research Agency (ANR)
Title: Supply Chain design with an environmental performance-sensitive demand
Poject value: 350,000 euros
Partners: Rennes School of Business, laboratoire G-SCOP, École des Mines Saint-Étienne, ANR
Member of R-SCOM involved in the project: Ramzi Hammami and Imen Nouira
Period: from 2016 to 2020
Objective of the project: This project aims to revisit the Supply Chain (SC) design models while considering an endogenous demand sensititive to the environmental performance, which distinguishes our work from existing models where demand is usualy modeled as an exogenous parameter that does not depend on the model decisions.
Indeed, on the one hand, the environmental performance has become a factor of competitiveness for companies and an important purchasing criterion for customers whether in the context of B-to-B or B-to-C.
On the other hand, the environmental performance depends on the decisions undertaken at the design of SC such as location/allocation of production sites, choice of suppliers, selection of manufacturing technologies and transportation modes, etc…
Research project with KLS logistic Systems
Title: Optimization of order picking in a warehouse
Partners: KLS logistic systems, G-SCOP (Grenoble INP), and R-SCOM (Rennes SB)
Period: from Sep 2014 to Sep 2017
Member of R-SCOM involved in the project: Ramzi Hammami
- Dr Ramzi Hammami
- Dr Osama Meqdadi
- Dr Maher Agi
- Dr Nadjib Brahimi
- Dr Imen Nouira
- Dr Tom Mcnamara
- Dr Tuba Bakici
- Dr Bouchaib Bahli
- Dr Rohit Nishant
- Dr Öncü Hazir
- Dr Yi Liu
- Dr Ashish Kumar Jha
- Dr Wenyi Chen
- Abduh Albana
Topic: On the design of supply chains with lead time dependent demand
Supervisors: Ramzi Hammami (R-SCOM, ESC Rennes) and Yannick Frein (G-SCOP, Grenoble INP)
Period: from Oct 2014 to Oct 2017
Funding: Research funding by French government
- François Constant
Topic: Open innovation: implications for purchasing
Supervisors: Thomas Johnsen (R-SCOM, ESC Rennes) and Carole Bonanni (ESC Rennes)
Period: from Sep 2014 to Sep 2017
- Nicolas Lenoble
Topic: Order picking in warehousing
Supervisors: Ramzi Hammami (R-SCOM, ESC Rennes), Yannick Frein (G-SCOP, Grenoble INP), and Dhia Jomaa (KLS)
Period: from Sep 2014 to Sep 2017
Funding: Research contract with KLS logistics (CIFRE)
- Rawaa Ghrida
Topic: Green supply chain management under uncertainties
Supervisors: Imen Nouira (R-SCOM, ESC Rennes), Yannick Frein (G-SCOP, Grenoble INP), and Atidel B. Hadj-Alouane (OASIS, ENI Tunis)
Period: from Nov 2014 to Nov 2017
Funding: CMCU project
- Le Hoang Linh
Topic: Evidence-based and Data-Driven Approaches to Enterprise Risk Management
Supervisors: Bouchaib Bahli (R-SCOM, ESC Rennes)
Period: from Oct 2014 to Oct 2017
Publications (Only academic journals)
- Agi, Maher and Rohit Nishant, “Understanding influential factors on implementing green supply chain management practices: An interpretative structure modelling analysis (ABS 3*CNRS 2*).”Journal of Environmental Management 188. (2017): 351-363[
- Bakici, Tuba and Esteve Almirall, “Intervention Intermediaries Flourish: Matching Firms with Solutions to Complex Needs.” Journal of Business Strategy (2017): 38(4): 21-29.
- Chen, W., Mes, M. and Schutten, M. (2017). Multi-hop driver-parcel matching problem with time windows, Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal, Forthcoming. doi:10.1007/s10696-016-9273-3.
- Cragg, T. and McNamara, T. (2017) “An ICT-Based Framework to Improve Global Supply Chain Integration for Final Assembly SMEs”, Forthcoming in the Journal of Enterprise Information Management – Special Issue: IT System Innovation Out of Crisis: Lessons from Supply Chain Failures, Natural Disasters and Crisis Events.
- Descubes, I., McNamara, T. and Cragg, T. (2017) “Recycling Waste & Upcycling People: A new type of an environmentally-motivated social enterprise strategy”, Accepted at the International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management.
- Descubes, I., McNamara, T. and Claasen, C. (2017) “E-Marketing Communications of Trophy Hunting Providers in Namibia: Evidence of Ethics and Fairness in an Apparently Unethical and Unfair Industry?” Forthcoming in Current Issues in Tourism – Research Letters.
- McNamara, T., Shaaban, S., Hudson, S. and Marsillac, E. (2017) “Improving Performance in Unbalanced, Unpaced Merging Assembly Lines”, Forthcoming in the International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management.
- Nishant, Rohit , Thompson Teo, and Mark Goh, “Do Shareholders Value Green Information Technology Announcements? (ABS 4*, AIS Basket of 8 Journal).” Journal of the Association for Information Systems 18. (2017)
- Ramzi Hammami, Yannick Frein, Bouchaib Bahli, 2017. Supply chain design to guarantee quoted lead time and inventory replenishment: model and insights. International Journal of Production Research, 55(12), 3431-3450.
- Shaaban, S., McNamara, T. and Dmitriev, V. (2017) “Asymetric Buffer Allocation in Unpaced Merging Assembly Lines”, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol 109, pp. 211–220
- Dufeu, I, Duchaine, S., McNamara, T. and Morvan, C. (2016) “L’agriculture biologique contribue-t-elle au bien-être ?”, Revue Éthique et Économique / Ethics and Economics, Vol 13, No. 1.
- Imen Nouira, Ramzi Hammami, Yannick Frein, Cecilia Temponi, 2016. Design of forward supply chains: Impact of a carbon emissions-sensitive demand. International Journal of Production Economics, 173, 80-98.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “Innovation in IT firms: An Investigation of Intramural and Extramural R&D Activities and Their Impact.” Information & Management 53. (2016): 409-421.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar and Indranil Bose, “Innovation Research in Information Systems: A Commentary on Contemporary Trends and Issues.” Information & Management 53. (2016): 297-306.
- Jha, Ashish Kumar , Indranil Bose, and Eric Ngai, “Platform based innovation: The case of Bosch India.” International Journal of Production Economics 171. (2016): 250-265.
- Liu, Y., Tan, C.H., and Sutanto, J., 2016. “Selective Attention to Commercial Information Displays in Globally Available Mobile Application,Journal of Global Information Management (24:2), pp. 18-38.
- Nishant, Rohit , Mark Goh, and Philip Kitchen, “Sustainability and differentiation: Understanding materiality from the context of Indian firms (FNEGE 3*).” Journal of Business Research 69. (2016): 1892-1897.
- Puvvala, Abhinay , Veerendra K Rai, and Ashish Kumar Jha, “A Systemic and Relational Approach to Pricing Services.” INFORMS Service Science 8. (2016): 37-58.
- Singh, Vivek , Rohit Nishant, and Philip Kitchen, “Self or Simulacra of Online Reviews: An Empirical Perspective (FNEGE 3*).” Psychology & Marketing 33. (2016): 1112-1118.
- Teo, Thompson , Rohit Nishant, and Pauline Koh, “Do shareholders favor business analytics announcements? (FNEGE 3*, AIS Basket of 8 Journal).” Journal of Strategic Information Systems 25. (2016): 259-276.
- Chen, W., Kucukyazici, B., Verter, V. and Sáenz, M.J. (2015). Supply chain design for unlocking the value of remanufacturing under uncertainty, European Journal of Operational Research 247(3), 804-819.
- Hazır, Ö., 2015, « A review of analytical models, approaches and decision support tools in project monitoring and control, » International Journal of Project Management, 33,808-815.
- Hazır Ö., Dolgui A., 2015, “A Decomposition Based Solution Algorithm for U-Type Assembly Line Balancing with Interval Data,” Computers & Operations Research, 59, 126-131.
- Hazır Ö., Delorme X., Dolgui A., 2015,“A review of cost and profit oriented line design and balancing problems and solution approaches,” Annual Reviews in Control, 40,14-24.
- Descubes, I. and McNamara, T. (2015) “Theatre-Based Learning to Foster Corporate Legacy Change”, the Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 28, Iss 4, pp 565 – 578.
- Hudson, S., McNamara, T. and Shaaban, S. (2015) “Unbalanced lines: where are we now?” International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 53, No. 6, pp. 1895-1911.
- Hudson, S., Shaaban, S. and McNamara, T. (2015) “The Performance of Unpaced Production Lines with Unbalanced Mean Operation Times and Unreliability Patterns”, the Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol 37, pp. 164–172.
- Liu, Y., and Sutanto, J., 2015. “Online Group-Buying: Literature Review and Directions for Future Research”, DATABASE for Advances in Information Systems (46:1), pp. 39-59.
- Ramzi Hammami, Imen Nouira, Yannick Frein, 2015. Carbon emissions in a multi-echelon production-inventory model with lead time constraints. International Journal of Production Economics, 164, 292-307.
- Shaaban, S., McNamara, T. and Hudson, S. (2015) “The Impact of Failure, Repair and Joint Imbalance of Processing Time Means and Buffer Sizes on the Performance of Unpaced Production Lines”, International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, Vol. 29, Nos. 5/6, pp.347–365.
- Hazır Ö., Kedad-Sidhoum S., 2014, “Batch Sizing and Just-In-Time Scheduling with Common Due Date”, Annals of Operations Research, 123:1, 187-202.
- Nishant, Rohit , TSH Teo, and M Goh, “Energy Efficiency Benefits: Is Technophilic Optimism Justified? (FNEGE 3*).” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 61. (2014): 476-487.
- McNamara, T., Hudson, S. and Shaaban, S. (2014) “The Effect of Mean-Time and Variability Imbalance in Unreliable Lines”, the Journal Européen des Systèmes Automatisés, Vol. 48, No. 1-3, pp. 211-237
- Ramzi Hammami, Yannick Frein, 2014. Redesign of global supply chains with integration of transfer pricing: Mathematical modeling and managerial insights. International Journal of Production Economics, 158, 267-277.
- Ramzi Hammami, Yannick Frein, 2014. Integration of the profit-split transfer pricing method in the design of global supply chains with a focus on offshoring context. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 76, 243-252.
- Ramzi Hammami, Yannick Frein, 2014. A Capacitated Multi-echelon Inventory Placement Model under Lead Time Constraints. Production and Operations Management, 23 (3), 446-462.
- Ramzi Hammami, Cecilia Temponi, Yannick Frein, 2014. A scenario-based stochastic model for supplier selection in global context with multiple buyers, currency fluctuation uncertainties, and price discounts. European journal of operational research, 233, 159-170.
- Shaaban, S., McNamara, T. and Hudson, S. (2014) “Mean Time Imbalance Effects on Unreliable Unpaced Serial Flow Lines.” the Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 33, pp. 357-365
Network & Partnerships
Arizona State University
École Centrale Paris
City University of Hong Kong
NUS Business School
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
RMIT university, Australia
National Engineering School of Tunis
TUM School of Management
KEDGE Business School
Manchester Business School
Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Beijing