Funding your studies: FAFSA financial aid opportunities for American students studying at Rennes School of Business
Studying abroad can be expensive, with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), American students are able to apply for financial support during their overseas studies.
Many American students dream of exploring the world but are at a loss when it comes to paying the costs of studying abroad. The good news is that affordable options are available. Rennes School of Business is approved to offer American students access to US federal student aid (FAFSA) and offers the possibility for students to study in English.
Tuition fees in France are often much lower than in the USA, making it less expensive to get a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
Are you interested in finding out more? Learn how below!
The steps are as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- US citizens and eligible permanent residents complete the FAFSA application form and include the Rennes SB code: 041598. There is no cost to complete the FAFSA application.
- Complete the application to Rennes School of Business, including social security number and indicate FAFSA as the funding source. Once students receive admission and have completed the FAFSA, they will receive an offer letter detailing their financial aid package. Students studying at Rennes SB may receive a Subsidised or Unsubsidised Direct Loan, Direct PLUS loan, and/or a Direct PLUS Loan for Parents.
- Students accept the offer, confirm enrolment at Rennes SB and are on their way to earning their next degree in France!
Allison Blade, Director of Financial Aid at Rennes SB’s partner university, Lane Community College in Eugene, Oregon, encourages students to carefully review their loan offers and ask questions. “Be sure you know what the terms mean and when repayment will begin. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your financial aid office, they are willing to help.”
Typically, loan repayment begins six months after graduation. Blade also encourages students to reach out to their loan processor about repayment, “There are many options for repayment plans, so it is important to advocate for a plan that fits your needs and budget. “
The United States Department of Education has a vigorous vetting process for schools to participate in the FAFSA programme. International schools must remain committed to meeting these requirements to be eligible to distribute student aid. At Rennes School of Business, a dedicated team of staff are available to support students as they apply for their financial aid and ensure compliance with requirements.
Tips for a successful application:
- Apply early! Applications for the next school year open on 1 October 2022
- Watch for emails from the Financial Aid Office, they are time-sensitive!
- Complete all application materials with legal name and social security number.
- File the FAFSA every year
- Community College students entering the final year of the Bachelor’s (BiM 3) should indicate year 4 on the FAFSA
- FAFSA can be combined with scholarships.
- Ask questions! If you have anything to ask:
Ready to get started at Rennes School of Business? Apply to your programme, and to FAFSA today!