The world has become a “global village” where economies are closely interrelated, political, social and cultural dimensions tightly interwoven or openly confrontational.
Rennes School of Business faces these new challenges by educating students to be internationally aware.
Hence, every course or action pursues these objectives and the study of foreign languages is part of it. Not only are programmes in Rennes SB taught in English, but students can benefit from language classes (English and second foreign language classes) which are implemented within a framework known as Way Up!
Way Up! is based upon various different principles and ways of working.
- Lessons are centered around participation and communication and the activities are based on real life, everyday situations.
- Students follow a number of “Pods” (themed units).
- Objectives are defined for each “Pod” and activities fit within these objectives.
- Certain “Pods” are obligatory, others are optional. Students create their own personal pathway according to their own personal needs.
- “Pod” choices are made via “Offre de Formation en Ligne” (OFLs).
- English classes are obligatory for all students (with the exception of MSc students who follow classes in English).
- Second language classes are also obligatory : Arabic / German/Spanish/Chinese/Italian/Russian/etc…
- Third language classes are available for certain students (according to their programme) : Arabic / German/Spanish/Chinese/Italian/Russian/Japanese/Korean/Portuguese/French Sign Language/
For incoming students, French language and/or French Culture classes replace the second language classes.
External Language Tests
An approved score in an External Language Test, may be required (according to the programme):
- to validate the diploma
Full details of the requirements can be found in the Student Handbook for the appropriate programme
- to apply for Partner Universities
Full details can be obtained from the International Mobility (Exchange) team.
Certain External Language Tests can be taken within school.
The languages office (B1 – 166) is opened from 9h30 to 13h30 on Monday and Wednesday and from 13h30 to 17h on Thursday.