Rennes School of Business – a vision and a mission….
The 2018-2022 strategic plan was made public on the event of the inauguration of the new international campus in December 2018.Rennes School of Business is continuing with an expansion plan that has already proven successful for many years. The international DNA of the School and its firm grounding in the highly appealing, globally-oriented town of Rennes have helped attain its position among the very best schools of Management.
The School’s main aim over the next 5 years is to become one of the most innovative and multicultural business schools in Europe. The intention is:
- to double the School’s budget to 70 million euros by 2023,
- attract new international students (+50%) of 100 nationalities,
- expand its Executive Education programme portfolio (from 8 to 12% of the overall budget),
- and promote work-study opportunities.
The vision of the School
To become one of the most innovative and multicultural business schools in Europe.
Rennes SB has laid out three main areas on which developments will be concentrated:
- New territories for tomorrow: comprehend all professional issues via distinct fields of expert knowledge, innovative curricula and new, top-level alliances. Rennes SB has pinpointed 4 territories of excellence in collaboration with the International Scientific Committee Thriving Through Complexity ǀ IA-Driven Economy ǀ Green, Digital & Demand-Driven Supply Chain Management ǀ Agribusiness
- New territories of the world: overhaul the integration of students into an international environment all through their studies
- New teaching territories: revamp the education and knowledge transfer models used in Management schools
The School is committed to strengthening its grounding within the regional ecosystem by promoting the establishment on its Rennes-based campus of 7 main international partners (the first two being from China and India) and combining this increased presence with new strategic alliances (IMT Atlantique, B<>Com, Agrocampus Ouest, INRA), and fostering multiculturalism via immersive bilingual study tracks, widespread deployment of the Grande École-MSc double degree, and the launch of a Global BSc.
A new brand signature
The new, forward-thinking 2018-23 strategic plan is supported by a new brand identity that will be deployed on a larger scale as of March 2019. The logo undergoes slight changes and the brand signature will become #UnframedThinking.
…. supported by a code of ethics
In line with the mission and vision of the school, a code of ethics has been devised to encourage all members of the Rennes School of Business community to act in accordance with the values for which the school stands.
We, the leaders, academic staff, administrative staff and students of Rennes School of Business, commit ourselves to act according to the following values and to be guided by mutual respect:
- We value integrity and live it by being open-minded, honest and hard-working.
- We respect diversity of cultural backgrounds and of individual characteristics.
- We value fairness, solidarity and team spirit.
- We practise tolerance and we support equitable treatment.
- We communicate respectfully with each other and with people outside the School.
- We provide an environment in which constructive opinions can be voiced and
- We are transparent in our messages, activities and decisions.
- We take responsibility for our actions, for which we are accountable.
- We strive for excellence in our work, academic endeavour, teaching, research and
- We contribute to sustainable development by being innovative and entrepreneurial.
Efforts in-house also include an eco-responsibility charter, designed to raise awareness, offer training when required, and offer practical tips for recycling, energy consumption, and ecoresponsible purchasing.