Rennes School of Business – a vision and a mission….
Following the strategic review process of the management School, a mission, vision and values review took place during 2011, leading to the establishment of the second Strategic Development Plan (2012 – 2017).
This strategic plan 2012-2017 and its updated mission are premised upon three central values:
- Intercultural agility
The central issue for the 2012 – 2017 strategic plan is the consolidation of the particular strengths of the School and their promotion within an innovative overarching framework. Our International dimension and teaching /learning expertise, relying on our values of commitment, social responsibility, intercultural sensitivity and research themes, must combine to set the School’s objectives and a clearly established mission.
The vision of the School
“To become one the most innovative and intercultural “Global Business Schools” in Europe”.
“Prepare, through education and research, innovative and responsible managers to perform in a global environment”.
…. supported by a code of ethics
In line with the mission and vision of the school, a code of ethics has been devised to
encourage all members of the Rennes School of Business community to act in accordance with
the values for which the school stands.
We, the leaders, academic staff, administrative staff and students of Rennes School of
Business, commit ourselves to act according to the following values and to be guided by mutual
- We value integrity and live it by being open-minded, honest and hard-working.
- We respect diversity of cultural backgrounds and of individual characteristics.
- We value fairness, solidarity and team spirit.
- We practise tolerance and we support equitable treatment.
- We communicate respectfully with each other and with people outside the School.
- We provide an environment in which constructive opinions can be voiced and
- We are transparent in our messages, activities and decisions.
- We take responsibility for our actions, for which we are accountable.
- We strive for excellence in our work, academic endeavour, teaching, research and
- We contribute to sustainable development by being innovative and entrepreneurial.
Efforts in-house also include an eco-responsibility charter, designed to raise awareness, offer
training when required, and offer practical tips for recycling, energy consumption, and ecoresponsible