- Supply Chain Management
- Production and Inventory Systems
- Innovation management and new product development
- Database Management and Industrial Information Systems
- Introduction to Industrial Engineering
- Combinatorial Optimization
- Supply Chain IT Tools
- Advanced Operations Research
- Engineering Degree
- Production planning
- Forecasting and Inventory Control
- Discrete optimization
- Graph theory
- Logistics and Production Systems
- Linear programming
- PhD in Production and Logistics Systems from the Doctoral Program of Automatic Control and Applied Computing, University of Nantes, France (2001-2004)
- M.Sc. in Automatic Control and Applied Computing, Ecole Centrale of Nantes, France; Specialization: Production and Logistics Systems (2000-2001)
- Engineering Degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, from National Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Boumerdes, Algeria (1994-1999)
- Production planning and scheduling
- Decision integration in the Supply Chain
- Healthcare logistics
- Head of Supply Chain Management & Information Systems Academic Area, Rennes School of Business, (February 2019 – October 2019)
- Associate Professor, Rennes School of Business, Supply Chain Management & Information Systems Academic Area (September 2016 – Present)
- Associate Professor, Rennes School of Business, Organization and Management Academic Area (September, 2009 – August 2016)
- Programme Manager of the MSc in Data and Business Analytics, Rennes School of Business (September 2016 – Present)
- Maître Assistant Associé, Department of Production Systems and Automatic Control, Ecole des Mines de Nantes (2014-2016)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (2007-2014)
- Chargé de Recherches (Research focused permanent faculty position), Department of Production Systems and Automatic Control, Ecole des Mines de Nantes, France (2006 – 2007)
- Maître Assistant Associé, Department of Production Systems and Automatic Control, Ecole des Mines de Nantes (2004-2006)
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Production Systems and Automatic Control, Ecole des Mines de Nantes (2001-2004)
- Assistant to Chairman of Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
- First Coordinator of Industrial Engineering and Management Department, University of Sharjah, UAE (2007-2008)
- Member of the College Council, University of Sharjah (2007-2010)
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Research Institute, France (2003-2004)
- Member, Scientific Council of Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France (2001-2002)
Refereed Articles - Basic or Discovery Scholarship
A new weighted fuzzy programming model for supplier selection and order allocation in the food industry
Authors:Mohamad Amin Kaviani, Alireza Peykam, Sharfuddin Ahmed Khan, Nadjib Brahimi, Raziyeh Niknam Published in:Journal of Modelling in Management, DOI 10.1108/JM2-11-2018-0191 Date:2019
Production planning with order acceptance and demand uncertainty
Authors:Aouam, T., Geryl, K., Kumar, K., Brahimi, N. Published in:Computers and Operations Research Vol.91, (2018), pp. 145-159 Date:2018
Heuristics Based on Genetic Algorithms for the Capacitated Multi Vehicle Production Distribution Problem
Authors:Senoussi, A., Dauzère-Pérès, S., Brahimi, N., Penz, B., Mouss, N. K. Published in:Computers and Operations Research, Vol. 96 (2018), pp. 108-119 Date:2018
Integrated dynamic single item lot-sizing and quality inspection planning.
Authors:Belttayeb, B., Brahimi, N., Lemoine, D. Published in:International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 56, No. 7 (2018), pp. 2611-2627 Date:2018
Scheduling Aluminum Billet Casting Lines: A Case Study
Authors:R Larbi, A Khalaf, N Brahimi Published in:Journal of Industrial and Intelligent Information Vol 4 Issue 4, Juy 2016 Date:2016
Integrated Single Item Lot-Sizing and Quality Inspection Planning
Authors:Bettayeb, B., Brahimi, N., & Lemoine, D. Published in:IFAC-PapersOnLine, 49(12), 550-555. Date:2016
Models and Lagrangian heuristics for a two-level lot-sizing problem with bounded inventory.
Authors:Brahimi, N., Absi, N., Dauzère-Pérès, S., & Kedad-Sidhoum, S. Published in:OR spectrum, 37(4), 983-1006 Date:2015
A Lagrangian heuristic for capacitated single item lot sizing problems.
Authors:Nadjib Brahimi, Stéphane Dauzère-Pérès Published in:4OR: A Quarterly Journal of Operations Research (2015) 13 (2), pp.173–198 Date:2015
Modeling and solving a one-supplier multi-vehicle production-inventory-distribution problem with clustered retailers.
Authors:A. Senoussi, N. Kinza-Mouss, B. Penz, N. Brahimi Published in:The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (IF=1.46). 1-19; DOI 10.1007/s00170-015-7966-5. Date:2015
Mathematical Models and Lagrangian Heuristics for a Two-Level Lot-sizing Problem with Bounded Inventory.
Authors:N. Brahimi, N. Absi, S. Dauzère-Pérès, S. Kedad-Sidhoum Published in:Operations Research Spectrum (IF=1.395.), 37:983–1006 Date:2015
Multi-Item Production Routing Problem with Backordering: A MILP Approach.
Authors:N. Brahimi, T. Aouam Published in:International Journal of Production Research (IF=1.693) 10.1080/00207543 .2015.1047971 Date:2015
Integrating order acceptance decisions with flexible due dates in a production planning model with load-dependent lead times.
Authors:N. Brahimi, T. Aouam, E. Aghezzaf Published in:International Journal of Production Research (IF=1.693); 53:12, pp. 3810-3822 Date:2015
Capacitated Single Item Lot Sizing with Time Windows: A Heuristic Approach.
Authors:N. Brahimi, S. Dauzère-Pérès Published in:4OR (IF = 1.371), Vol. 13, No. 2, pp 173-198 Date:2015
Warehouse Location with Production, Inventory, and Distribution Decisions: a Case Study in the Lube Oil Industry.
Authors:N. Brahimi, S.A. Khan Published in:4OR (IF=1.371), Vol. 12, No. 2, pp 175-197 Date:2014
Integrated Production Planning and Order Acceptance Under Uncertainty: A Robust Optimization Approach.
Authors:T. Aouam, N. Brahimi Published in:European Journal of Operational Research (IF=2.679) 228, no. 3, 504–515 Date:2013
Implementing Co-operative Education in an Industrial Engineering Program in the United Arab Emirates: Experience and Lessons Learned.
Authors:N. Brahimi, F. Dweiri, I. Al-Syouf, S. A. Khan Published in:International Journal of Engineering Education (IF=0.77). Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 1238–1247 Date:2013
Polyhedral and Lagrangian approaches for lot sizing with production time windows and setup times.
Authors:N. Brahimi, S. Dauzère-Pérès, Laurence A. Wolsey Published in:Computers & Operations Research (IF=1.988), Volume 37, Issue 1, Pages 182-188 Date:2010
Capacitated Multi Item Lot Sizing Problems with Time Windows.
Authors:N. Brahimi, S. Dauzère-Pérès, and N. Najid Published in:perations Research (INFORMS) (IF=1.777), Volume 54, No. 5, pp. 951–967 Date:2006
Single Item Lot Sizing Problems.
Authors:N. Brahimi, S. Dauzère-Pérès, N. Najid, and A. Nordli Published in:European Journal of Operational Research (IF=2.679), Volume 168, Issue 1, Pages 1-16. Date:2006
Optimisation de l'utilisation du métal pour des opérations de filage d'aluminium.
Authors:N. Brahimi Published in:Techniques de l’Ingénieur, Dossier N°M3148, ISSN 1762-8733, Pages 1-11 Date:2012
Optimisation de la logistique hospitalière : le service blanchisserie.
Authors:N. Brahimi, C. Guéret. Published in:Techniques de l’Ingénieur, Dossier N°IN68, ISSN 1762-8733, Pages 1-6 Date:2007
Cooperative Education in an Industrial Engineering Program.
Authors:N. Brahimi, F. Dweiri, I. Al-Syouf, and S. A. Khan Published in:Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 102 Date:2013
Presentations of Refereed Papers
- Abdelkrim R. Yelles-Chaouche, Evgeny Gurevsky, Nadjib Brahimi, Alexandre Dolgui. (2020) Optimizing task reassignments in the design of reconfigurable manufacturing lines. 21st Congress of the French Society of Operations Research and Decision Aid (ROADEF 2020), Feb 2020, Montpellier, France.
- Thevenin, Simon, Oussama Ben Ammar, and Nadjib Brahimi (2020). “A Robust Approach for the Joint Lot-Sizing and Supplier Selection.” 21st Congress of the French Society of Operations Research and Decision Aid (ROADEF 2020), Feb 2020, Montpellier, France.
- Irfan, Sayed, Sharafuddin Khan, and Nadjib Brahimi. Distribution Network Design for an Oil Blending Company. In: Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management, Bandung, Bandung, Indonesia, March 2018
- BRAHIMI, Nadjib and Omar El-Ferra. Lean production in a ceramic tile company. In: 48th Conference on computers and industrial engineering (CIE 48), Auckland, New Zealand, December 2018
- BRAHIMI, Nadjib, Fereira, A., Hammami Ramzi. Solving a lot sizing problem. In: 29th European Conference on Operational Research, Valencia, Spain, July 2018
- Yelles-Chaouche, A.R., Guresvsky, E., Brahimi, Nadjib, Dolgui, A. A literature review of optimization problems for reconfigurable manufacturing systems. In: 9th IFAC Conference on Manufacturing Modelling Management and Control, Berlin, Germany, August 2019