- Supply Chain Management
- Engineering Statistics
- Statistical Quality Planning Techniques
- Facilities Design and Location
- Production Planning and Scheduling
- Management Science
- Project Management
- Operations Management
- Ph. D., Operations Management, Bilkent University- Faculty of Business Administration, Ankara, Turkey (2002- 2008)
- Master of Business Administration, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey (1999–2001)
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey (1995–1999)
- Finance Minor Programme, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey (1997–1999)
- Ankara Science College, Ankara, Turkey (1992-1995)
- Associate Professor, Supply Chain Management Academic Area, Rennes School of Business (September 2017 – Present)
- Programme manager MSc in Supply Chain Management (September 2017 – September 2021)
- Associate Professor, TED University, Ankara, Turkey (October 2013 – August 2017)
- Assistant Professor, TED University, Ankara, Turkey (Oct 2012- Sept 2013)
- Post – Doctorate Researcher on Assembly Line Balancing Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Etienne, France (une 2010-May 2012)
- Post – Doctorate Researcher on Just in Time Scheduling, Laboratoire d’Informatique de Paris 6, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France (Oct 2008-Feb 2010)
- Teaching Assistant & Instructor in Industrial Engineering Department, Cankaya University, Ankara, Turkey (Sept1999 – June 2010)
- Project Management
- Inventory Management
- Machine scheduling
- Assembly line balancing
Refereed Articles Discipline-Based Scholarship
- Agi Maher, Xinghao Yan, Hazir Oncu (2023) Piling and Discounting Perishable Products: Optimal Replenishment and Discounting Policy for Perishable Products when Demand depends on the Inventory-level and the Price. European Journal of Industrial Engineering 10.1504/EJIE.2024.10053955
- Bakici, T., Nemeh, A., Hazir, Ö.(2023) Big Data Adoption in Project Management: Insights from French Organizations IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, vol. 70, no. 10, pp. 3358-3372, Oct. 2023
- Nemeh, André , Rajibul Hasan, and Öncü HAZIR. (2022) Business School Students’ Motivations and Intentions to Pursue a Project Management Career: An Empirical Analysis.British Journal of Guidance and Counselling https://doi.org/10.1080/03069885.2022.2106550
- Timur Narbaev, Oncu Hazir, Maher Agi (2022) A Review of the Use of Game Theory in Project Management. Journal of Management in Engineering, Volume 38 Issue 6 – November 2022, 03122002
- Tekin, K., Bakici, T. , Hazir, O. (2022). Completing Projects on Time and Budget: A Study on the Analysis of Project Monitoring Practices Using Real Data. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. DOI: 10.1109/TEM.2022.3227428
- Öncü Hazır, Maher A. N. Agi & Jérémy Guérin (2021) An efficient branch and bound algorithm for smoothing the workloads on simple assembly lines, International Journal of Production Research, Volume 59, Issue 2, pp. 617-634
- Agi, M. A., Faramarzi-Oghani, S., & Hazır, Ö. (2020). Game theory-based models in green supply chain management: a review of the literature. International Journal of Production Research, 1-20.
- Hazir Ö, Gunalay Y., Erel E., 2008, Customer order scheduling problem: a comparative
metaheuristics study, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 37: 589-
- Berk E, Toy A.O., Hazir O., 2008, Single Item Lot Sizing Problem for a Warm/Cold Process with Immediate Lost Sales, European Journal of Operational Research, 187: 3, 1251-1267.
- Hazır Ö, Haouari M., Erel E, 2010, Discrete Time/Cost Trade-off Problem: A Decomposition Based Solution Algorithm for the Budget Version, Computers & Operations Research, 37, 649-655.
- Hazır Ö, Haouari M, Erel, E, 2010, Robust Scheduling and Robustness Measures for Discrete Time/Cost Trade-off Problem, European Journal of Operational Research, 207: 633–643.
- Hazır Ö, Erel, E., Günalay Y., 2011, Robust Optimization Models for the Discrete Time/Cost Trade-off Problem, International Journal of Production Economics, 130, 87-95.
- Hazır Ö., Shtub A., 2011, Effects of the Information Presentation Format on Project Control, Journal of Operational Research Society, 62, 2157-2161.
- Chrétienne P., Hazır Ö., Kedad-Sidhoum S., 2011, Integrated Batch Sizing and Scheduling on a Single Machine, Journal of Scheduling, 14:6, 541-555.
- Hazır Ö., Schmidt K. 2013, An Integrated Scheduling and Control Model for Multi-Mode Projects” Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal, 25 (1-2), 230-254.
- Gurevsky E., Hazır Ö., Bataia Olga, Dolgui A. 2013. Robust balancing of simple assembly lines with interval task processing times, Journal of Operational Research Society, 64, 1607– 1613.
- Hazır Ö., Dolgui A., 2013, Assembly Line Balancing under Uncertainty: Robust Optimization Models and an Exact Solution Method, Computers & Industrial Engineering, 65:2,261-267.
- Hazır Ö., Kedad-Sidhoum S., 2014, “Batch Sizing and Just-In-Time Scheduling with Common Due Date”, Annals of Operations Research, 123:1, 187-202.
- Hazır, Ö., 2015, “A review of analytical models, approaches and decision support tools in project monitoring and control,” International Journal of Project Management, 33,808-815.
- Hazır Ö., Dolgui A., 2015, “A Decomposition Based Solution Algorithm for U-Type Assembly Line Balancing with Interval Data,” Computers & Operations Research, 59, 126-131.
- Hazır Ö., Delorme X., Dolgui A., 2015,“A review of cost and profit oriented line design and balancing problems and solution approaches,” Annual Reviews in Control, 40,14-24.
- Schmidt, K. W., Hazır Ö. 2019. “Formulation and Solution of an Optimal Control Problem for Industrial Project Control”, Annals of Operations Research, 280:337–350.
- Schmidt, K. W., Hazır Ö. 2019. “A Data Envelopment Analysis Method for Finding Robust and Cost-Efficient Schedules in Multimode Projects.” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. DOI: 10.1109/TEM.2018.2888817
- Hazır Ö. and Ulusoy G. 2019, A classification and review of approaches and methods for modeling uncertainty in projects, International Journal of Production Economics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2019.107522
- Hazır Ö., Agi M. and Guérin J. 2019, “ A Fast and Effective Heuristic for Smoothing Workloads on Assembly Lines: Algorithm Design and Experimental Analysis ”, Computers & Operations Research, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cor.2019.104857
- Hazır Ö., Agi M. and Guérin J. 2019, An efficient branch and bound algorithm for smoothing the workloads on simple assembly lines, International Journal of Production Research, DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2019.1701208
- Schmidt, K.W., Hazir, O. 2019. Formulation and solution of an optimal control problem for industrial project control. Annals of Operations Research, Vol. 280, (2019), pp. 337–350
Refereed Proceedings Discipline-Based Scholarship
- Hazır Ö., Erel, E., Günalay Y.,. Discrete Time–Cost Tradeoff Problem: Accelerated Benders Decomposition Approach, Proceedings of 14th International Annual EUROMA Conference, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, June 17-20, 2008
- Hazır Ö., Erel, E., Günalay, Y., Robust Optimization Models for the Discrete Time/Cost Tradeoff Problem, Proceedings of 11th International Workshop on Project Management and Scheduling, Bogaziçi University; 123-126, İstanbul, Turkey, April, 2008,.
- Hazır Ö., Erel, E., Haouari M., “Robustness Measures and a Scheduling Algorithm for Discrete Time/Cost Tradeoff Problem”, Proceedings of 11th International Workshop on Project Management and Scheduling; 119-122, Bogaziçi University, İstanbul, Turkey, April, 2008,.
- Hazır Ö., Kedad-Sidhoum S. An Integrated Approach for Lot-Streaming and Just-in-Time Scheduling, 10ème Congrès de la Société Française de Recherche Opérationnelle et d’Aide à la Décision, ROADEF, 259-260, Nancy, France, 10-12 February 2009.
- Hazır Ö., Kedad-Sidhoum S., Chrétienne P., Batching and Scheduling with Tardiness Penalties, Multidisciplinary International Conference on Scheduling: Theory and Applications (MISTA), 291-300; Dublin, Ireland, 10-13 August 2009.
- Hazır Ö., Kedad-Sidhoum S., Découpage et ordonnancement juste-à-temps de lots de production. In 11ème Congrès de la Société Française de Recherche Opérationnelle et d’Aide à la Décision, ROADEF, Toulouse, France, 24-26 February 2010.
- Hazır Ö., Kedad-Sidhoum S. Lot-streaming and just-in-time scheduling on a single machine with a common due-date. In 12th International Workshop on Project Management and Scheduling, Tours, France, 26-28 April 2010, 227-230.
- Gurevsky E., Hazır Ö., Dolgui A. Équilibrage robuste flexible de SALBP-1 avec les données incertaines. Résumés du 12e Congrès Annuel de la Société Française de Recherche Opérationnelle et d’Aide à la Décision (ROADEF), Saint-Étienne, France, 2–4 March, 2011.
- Hazır Ö, A. Dolgui. Simple assembly line balancing under uncertainty: a robust approach”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Systems Management (IESM’2011), 87-92, Metz, France, May 25-27, 2011.
- Hazır Ö, A. Dolgui. An Exact Solution Algorithm for Balancing Simple U-Type Assembly”, Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Production Research (ICPR-21), D. Spath, R. Ilg, T. Krause (Eds.), CD-ROM, section Assembly, 4 pages, , Stuttgart, Germany, 31 July-4 August, 2011.
- Hazır Ö, A. Dolgui. Robust U-Type Assembly Line Balancing Problem: A Decomposition Based Approximate Solution Algorithm, Preprints of the 17th International Working Seminar on Production Economics, 225-230, Innsbruck, Austria, February 20-24, 2012.
- Hazır Ö., S. Kedad-Sidhoum, Batch Sizing and Just-In-Time Scheduling: Analysis of Some Special Cases, in the proceedings of Multidisciplinary International Conference on Scheduling: Theory and Applications (MISTA 2013); 757-761, Gent, Belgium, 26 – 30 August 2013.
- U. Eryılmaz, Hazır Ö, K. W. Schmidt, A Multi-Criteria Approach for Ranking Schedules for Multi-Mode Projects, 14th International Conference on Project Management and Scheduling, 80- 83, Munich, Germany, 30 March-2 April 2014.
- Hazır Ö, K. W. Schmidt, U. Eryılmaz, An optimization model to coordinate scheduling and controlling in projects: Case with instantaneous control constraints, in: OPT-i, An International Conference on Engineering and Applied Sciences Optimization, 230–254, Kos Island, Greece, 4-6 June 2014.
- Hazır Ö, X. Delorme, A. Dolgui. A Survey on Cost and Profit Oriented Assembly Line Balancing. Preprints of the 19th World Congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control, 6159-6167, Cape Town, South Africa, 24-29 August 2014.
- Hazır, Ö., Onur A. Kilic, H. Tunc. “A Dynamic Programming Model for Project Scheduling under Financial Risks.”, 15th International Conference on Project Management and Scheduling (PMS2016), 239-242, Valencia, Spain, 19-23 April 2016.
Presentations of Refereed Papers
- Tolga Inan, Timur Narbaev, Öncü Hazir. A Machine Learning Study to Enhance Project Cost Forecasting. Manufacturing Modelling, Management and Control – 10th MIM 2022 Conference. Nantes, France, 22-24 June 2022
- Hazir, O., Agi, M., Guerin, J. Workload Smoothing and the Robustness of Assembly Line Balancing: A Simulation Analysis. 32nd EURO The Association of European Operational Research Societies Conference, Espoo, Finland, 3-6 July 2022
- Oncu HAZIR, Andre Nemeh, Arun KESHAVA MURTHY. Autonomous Delivery Systems (ADS) in operations: A Systematic Literature Review. 13th International Scientific Conference in Business and Management 2023, Vilnius, Lithuania, 11-12 May 2023
- Oncu HAZIR, Dirk Hartel. The use of Artificial Intelligence in Supply Chain Project Management. 6th International Conference on the Dynamics of Information Systems, Prague, Republic Czech, 3-6 September 2023
Books, Monographs, Compilations, Chapters
- Ulusoy, Gündüz, Hazır, Öncü (2021) An Introduction to Project Modeling and Planning. Springer Texts in Business and Economics, 482 pages. ISBN: 978-3-030-61422-5.
- Hazır Ö, Eryılmaz U, Hafızoğlu M, Project Management: Analytical Approaches (in Turkish),
212 pages; Ankara, Project Management Institute (PMI) Turkey, 2014, ISBN: 978-605-
- Hazır Ö, A. Dolgui; Robust Assembly Line Balancing: State of the Art and New Research Perspectives in Sequencing and Scheduling with Inaccurate Data; (Edited by Yuri N. Sotskov, Frank Werner).chp.9; Nova Science Publishers; 2014
- Hazır Ö, M. Haouari, E. Erel; “Robust Optimization for the Discrete Time-Cost Tradeoff Problem with Cost Uncertainty” in Handbook on Project Management and Scheduling; (Edited by Christoph Schwindt and Jurgen Zimmermann).Chp.47; Springer, 2015.
- Yaşar B., Hekim H., Hazır Ö., Bayören C., Kepenek Bozkırlıoğlu A.Ö. (2019) “Analysis of Sustainability Policy and Practices of a Turkish Group Company: OYAK Case”. In: Schmidpeter R., Capaldi N., Idowu S., Stürenberg Herrera A. (eds) International Dimensions of Sustainable Management. CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance. Springer, Cham, pp 277-290.