- Management Control (3rd year Programme Grande Ecole / MSc. / MAIB, in English)
- Advanced Management Accounting and Change (3rd year Programme Grande Ecole / MSc. / MAIB, in English)
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting (1st year students Programme Grande Ecole)
- Doctorate in Management, HEC Paris, France
- Research Master in Accounting and Management Control, University of Paris Dauphine, France
- Graduate, University of Munich
- Managerial and entrepreneurial incentives
- Accountability and responsibility in organisations
- Capacity management systems in service activities
Work experience Academic
- Head of Management & Organisation Academic Area, Rennes School of Business (April 2022 – Present)
- Programme Director MSc “Management de projets créatifs, Culture et Design”, Rennes School of Business (January 2019 – Present)
- Assistant professor, Finance and Accounting Academic Area, Rennes School of Business (September, 2008 – Present).
- Research assistant, Groupe HEC Paris (June, 2000 – February, 2008).
Refereed Articles Discipline-Based Scholarship
- Niess, A., Duhamel, F., 2018, The course of recognition and the emergence of change initiatives., Journal Of Organizational Change Management, Volume 31, Issue 5 (2018), pp. 1071- 1083
Presentations of Refereed Papers International
- Claasen, C., Niess, A., Weir, D., 2023, Legitimacy and critical management issues – Joint ventures in the mining industry., 39th EGOS, Cagliari, Italy, 6-9 July 2023
- Duhamel, François and Alexander Niess, 2022, The Role of Aesthetics Communication in Communicative Institutionalism., Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, 2022
- Duhamel, François and Alexander Niess, 2022, The (im)possibility of Educating an Ethical Sense of Kairos in Organizations, Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, 2022.
- François Duhamel and Alexander Niess, 2017, Change initiatives and conversations in firms, AOM Annual Meeting 2017, Atlanta, United States of America, August 2017
- Niess, A and François Duhamel, 2016, How (not) to Waste Change Initiatives in Firms, AOM Annual Meeting 2016, Anaheim, United States of America, August 2016
- Niess, A, 2008, Is Responsibility Accounting Building Incapacity? A Cost Accounting Interpretation of Paul Ricœur’s Imputability Principle, American Accounting Association 2008, Anaheim, California